Not like Before 3

A/N: Emma x Reader

part 3!!!! woooooo!!!!

love you all

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Emma's POV:

I stare at Sebastian, somewhat stunned at what he's telling me. I inhale sharply, slowly exhaling, remembering Y/n's advice, I still do everything that she told me many years ago. It somewhat comforts me, especially when I close my eyes... I like to imagine her there in front of me.

"I believe she has also been informed on this agreement—"

"—This isn't an agreement." I rebuttal, glaring at him and wanting to slap him in the face. "This is two adults explaining to two old friends that they aren't allowed to talk because of some stupid rivalry that shouldn't have even started in the first place." I explain to him, as calmly as I can,  glancing between his eyes, feeling myself fill with anger and rage but I'm not allowed to answer back otherwise I could get into serious trouble. He sighs, softly.

"I will leave you with this." He announces, showing me my phone in his hands and hands it over toward me. I don't understand why he of all people has my phone but okay... I take my phone and tap the screen, it coming to life and showing messages from Y/n and an unknown number. I check out Y/n's messages first.

"I just got told that we're not supposed to talk anymore, I'm angry and I tried to stop them from blocking you on my phone. I've got 2 minutes. So, I'm just gonna say everything I need too." The first message says, I move onto the next message, my heart slightly pounding in anticipation for what she's going to say to me.

"It was really good seeing you, especially seeing that you were feeling somewhat better from when I last saw you. It sucked seeing you progressively get dizzer and dizzier. Hopefully you feel better now, especially since you have people taking care of you. I hope you don't mind but someone gave me your hoodie and I thought that since you have more than 5 of mines, I'd get some payback and steal it haha x"

"However, I won't deny the fact that I'm angry at the judges, I'm angry at your coaches, and I'm upset that I didn't get first. I'm not wanting it to come across as me saying 'I deserve it more than you' as we both worked hard but... it just felt right for me to win it, and I didn't and that made me break down because Coach promised me first if I did what I did, and I gave up my body for it, and it wasn't enough."

"But anyway, I'm gonna miss you, Myers. Remember what I told you years ago before competitions, and I'll remember every moment with you and cherish it, deeply. It was great knowing you, Myers. See you at competitions, and good luck."

I feel my heart slow down and my eyes fill with tears, somewhat conflicted. I glance around the room, hurt and try not to cry. I swallow the lump in my throat and look down at the screen again, deciding to look at the unknown message.

"And that, Myers, was called a deploy from the adults ;)" I try to hide my smile as I continue on with reading the next message, glancing around the room and seeing Seb look at me somewhat confused. I clear my throat, looking at the next message.

"Text me when you're awake and see this <3"

What a woman you are, L/n.

*****

It's late at night and Mom is beside my bed, sleeping in the chair. She's supposed to keep me company while I try to recover from dehydration and some other thing that I'm too tired to remember the name of.