Work Crush

A/N: Emma x Reader

INSPO: The Office, Jim and Pam

Summary: Y/n and Emma are work-besties and are always winding up Y/n's work colleague, Bella, who sits beside Y/n. Y/n progressively having a deeper crush the more her and Emma talk.

HERE WE GO

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

"You know, me and Em, we had this one idea to tell Bella that her favourite celebrity was downstairs." I confess to the camera, laughing softly as I slightly lean over, covering my mouth before leaning back and shaking my head. "I don't know why she believed me. We're salesmen, why on earth would a celebrity be here? But you know what, she believed it and my god was it funny." I confess, smiling and nodding my head, excitedly. Before adjusting in my seat. "But—But the best part was seeing Emma's reaction, she found it really funny."

I finish up my interview and head back out, doing work and I fix my shirt sleeves, beginning to look at some spreadsheets and write, comparing.

"Hi, Y/n." I hear my favourite person greet me, I turn and see Emma walking toward me and smile widely.

"Hey, Em." I greet her, smiling widely. "How're you this morning?" I ask her, curiously as I notice her inhale softly as she tenses her shoulders before letting them sink.

"Exhausted." She replies, I open a drawer and pull out a cup of her favourite coffee, I shut it over and head over toward her as she approaches her receptionist desk. I create a small rhythm before setting it down in front of her.

"Well then by all means, dive in to the most... generic coffee you'll ever have." I express to her, hearing her laugh as she takes a sip and hums, nodding her head.

"Wow."

"Shit, right?"

"Totally." She replies, both of us laughing. "Did you hear what is going on with Bill down in the warehouse?" She asks me, curiously. I gasp, shaking my head.

"No, is he gonna get divorced or what?"

"Apparently his wife found out that there was another woman. That's a total of 7." She informs me, I gasp softly, her nodding her head enthusiastically. I shake my head.

"Guy's gotta stop cheating."

"I know, he told me how he might go a see a shrink to find out if it's a kink of his or not." She informs me, lowering her voice, I slowly nod my head as we both continue to talk for a few minutes. I love talking to her.

***

I write on my notepad my expenses of the month and sigh, shaking my head and feeling myself rest my head on my desk, hearing Emma's cute giggle.

"Need rebooting?" Emma offers, I hear her footsteps getting closer and closer.

"Need... S—Sav—Saving." I say, trying to sound like I'm dying before exhaling softly, pretending to die. I hear her laugh as she pretends to reboot me, sounding like she's starting up a lawnmower. I sit up a little bit every time she tries to restart and after 5 times of doing it, I sit up and shake my body a little before exhaling softly. Her giggling to herself. I smile, turning to her. "You saved me!" I cheer excitedly, gripping her hands and shaking them slightly, her continuing to laugh.

"If you two could quieten down, that'd be much appreciated." Bella interferes, staring at us with a look of complete nothingness. She always sounds emotionless, she's so robotic. It's why me and Emma are always teasing her, to bring some emotion to this robotic... robot. We both look over toward her.