Emotional Rejection

A/N: CC x Reader

Requested by: Cariocagun

Summary: Y/n really likes CC and has a massive crush on her yet whenever she tries to confess her feelings for her, something always ends up stopping her from being able too making her feel rejected as she begins to think that maybe CC doesn't like her at all the same way Y/n likes her.

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I watch CC walk over toward her friends, greeting them, being circled and she does her hand shake with her best friend, Ava. I watch all of this from afar, wishing that we talked. That she likes me just as much as I like her. I hope she likes me, it's starting to become an actual pain in my chest the more I don't tell her about my feelings.

I have to tell her soon, don't I? Ugh, I hate confessing my feelings, it's too much vulnerability that I can't handle.

"Staring again, L/n?" Deena asks, approaching me and opening her locker, nudging me to the side slightly. I jump, looking over toward her.

"Shut up." I say to her, noticing CC and Ava walk past. I go to try to say something but hesitate. It being too late, I sigh, letting my shoulders fall in disappointment. "Shit." I let out, softly.

"Too late, again?" She teases, staring at me and crossing her arms, beginning to shake her head. I roll my eyes, nudging her back into her locker causing her to laugh softly but look at me in 'shock'.

"Oh, shut up." I let out, shoving Deena lightly and walking away toward my homeroom class with Deena.

"You gotta talk to her, man." She tells me, patting my shoulder, I hiss slightly.

"I know, I know." I let out, letting my shoulders fall, looking down.

"You gotta do it soon."

"I know."

"Time's closing."

"I... know."

"She could be gone next year."

"I know! I know all of that. This isn't helping anyone. I just... need a tiny bit more time." I express to her, noticing her nod and pull out her phone as she shows me a clip of some football thing.

*****

I'm watching the football game and keeping my eye on CC, she seems off, it's really weird. She isn't playing like she usually is, normally she's like the Ronaldo or Messi of the pitch but now she's playing as if she doesn't even know anything.

"What is she doing?" I ask Deena, looking over toward her.

"I don't... I don't know." She expresses to me, shrugging. "It's really weird." We continue to watch, seeing her completely blow the game. I groan, covering my face and knowing that the team will probably be upset or annoyed at her. "What's going on?"

"I don't know, do you think I should talk to her after the game?" I ask her, looking over at Deena and seeing her think for a moment before nodding her head.

"Might be good, maybe you can figure out what the hell she's doing." Deena complains, I smack the back of her head, her immediately looking at me in surprise.

"Don't say that! I'm sure something's just bothering her, alright?"

"You're serious right? Look at her," She points over toward CC and scoffs, shaking her head. "she's like Messi and look at her. Girl caught the ball with her hands at the start and she just ruined our chances at winning the game and championship!" She continues to exclaim in anger yet I smack her in the back of the head again, shaking my head in disapproval and looking at CC, hoping that she's okay.