Serenade

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Emma and Y/n are hanging out in Y/n's flat in France and when Emma realises that there is a piano, she asks her to play the piano, only for Y/n to play something that causes Emma to be on the verge of tears.

This is gonna be a short one, sorry luvs <3

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I'm sitting on my windowsill with the window open, smoking a cigarette as I listen to jazz music and read, looking out of my window to see the Eiffel Tower. I'm in France right now and of course, since it's the most poetical place in the world, I've decided to romanticise my life a little more as... well, why not.

I hear a knock on my door and put my bookmark in my first edition copy of Great Expectations of Charles Dickens, setting it down on a table. I rest the cigarette on my lips, taking a puff, moving it off, unlocking and opening the door as I look up and blow out. Hearing a scoff. I look down and see my girlfriend, Emma Myers.

"Ah, hello darling. I was wondering when you were coming over." I confess to her, smiling as I open my arms. She chuckles and steps forward, hugging me. I hug her back and rest the cigarette on my lips again, taking a puff, removing it from my lips, and then softly exhaling before stopping and pulling away. "Come in." I say, moving out of her way. She steps inside and I shut and lock the door behind myself. I head over to the windowsill and sit down, there being enough room for me alone, sadly.

"Woah." I hear Emma let out, glancing around my flat and then looking over at me. "Oh, I have to get a photo of this. Take a puff." She instructs me to do, pulling out her phone and aiming it toward me. I take a puff and tilt my head slightly up, exhaling the smoke and smiling. "Yes! Look how cool this is!" She says, rushing over and showing me. I look like a dark shadow as the half showing is dark because the room is only lit by candles but you can perfectly see the smoke being let out into the sunset, the Eiffel Tower being in the background, making me smile widely.

"It looks really good, baby. You did good." I congratulate her, kissing her cheek and finishing the cigarette before putting it on an ashtray and burning it out. "So, how was your day?" I ask her, seeing her peak into the kitchen and smile. I watch as she glances around, humming and slowly nodding her head before gasping.

"You have a piano?!" She exclaims, rushing over toward it making me laugh. I follow after her and watch as she sits down, playing random notes that don't match well together but could if you played it at a certain time. "Can you play?"

"Mhm, I don't know." I confess, shyly, sitting beside her and lighting another cigarette and hearing her groan as I do, I rest it on my lips. Forcing my eyes shut, trying to think of a song. I can try to play a bit of Rush E, but then...

I start playing a few keys, swaying slightly and I hear Emma exhale softly, watching me as I play the notes, playing Congratulations by Mac Miller with Bilal.

"Love. Love, love, love, love, love." I sing softly to myself, continuing to play. Before setting it down on the ashtray quickly, continuing to play. "Love, love, love, love, love, love, love. The sun don't shine when I'm alone. I lost my mind and I lose control." I feel her rest her head on my shoulder, making me smile widely. "I see your eyes look through my soul. Don't be surprised, it's all I know. I felt the highs and they feel like you. See, a love like mine, it's too good to be true. And you too divine to just be mine." I continue to repeat the keys as it's one of my favourite songs to play on the piano before repeating a key, trying to think if I can switch it to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. "Doesn't really matter to me. To me." Starting to play Bohemian Rhapsody, "Mama. Just killed a man. Put a gun against his head, pulled the trigger now he's dead. Mama. Life had just begun. But now I've gone and thrown it all away." I sing, swaying as I look over at Emma and see her watching me play before looking over at me, both of us smiling at one another.

"Continue." Emma whispers to me, nudging me.

"Mama, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh." I sing, playing more passionately as I continue. "Didn't mean to make you cry, If I'm not back again this time tomorrow. Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters..." I sing, swaying as I play the notes, before stopping and letting my shoulders fall. I pick up the cigarette and take a puff, before moving it off of my lips and exhaling, watching the smoke and smiling.

"That was beautiful," Emma compliments me, I feel my cheeks heat up and look over at her, seeing her eyes glance between mines, a wide smile tugging on her lips. "since when could you play?" She questions, I take a short inhale in before exhaling.

"Since... a few months ago." I confess to her, noticing her raise her eyebrows in surprise.

"Is that so?"

"Uh-huh." I confirm, nodding my head and smiling contently. Going back to playing Congratulations by Mac Miller as it's so simple but so beautiful, I can't stop wanting to play it all the time. "This is my favourite though, I don't know why."

"I can tell why." Emma answers, chuckling softly. I look over at her and smile at her, kissing her cheek.

"Just feels like a masterpiece, and once you know it. I feel like I could do it without my eyes closed since I've played it so much." I confess, shyly. Looking at her and shutting my eyes, continuing to maintain it perfectly, hearing her chuckle softly.

"Impressive, L/n."

"Well... I do try, Myers." I confess, shyly, opening my eyes and shrugging. Hearing her chuckle.

"My day was fine, to answer your question. But it's even better now." Emma confesses to me, making my cheeks warm up as my smile tugs further upwards. "How was yours?"

"Good, good, it wasn't bad." I confess, slowly nodding my head. "Haven't been caught by any paparazzi, so..." I begin to laugh softly, her laughing along with me. "so that was pretty nice."

"Probably because you've been cooped up in here."

"Well, I like being up here. It's nicely aesthetic. Fits me perfectly." I counter, her nodding her head as she hums in agreement.

"I definitely agree." Emma answers in reply, making me glare at her, wondering what she means by that but I dismiss it, stopping and cracking my knuckles.

"Do you want to watch a movie and order some food?" I ask her, her nodding her head excitedly, leaning forward and kissing my lips. I kiss her back, melting into her and resting my left hand on the left side of her neck, moaning into the kiss. I love being with this girl...

It's so nice and... and perfect.

________________________________________________________________________________