Step in the right direction

A/N: Emma x Reader

Requested by: ilovethelgbtcommunitty

Summary: Emma has a daughter named Florence and when Emma is too busy to pick her up from school, she calls her girlfriend, Y/n, to pick her up. When Y/n picks Florence up, Florence surprisingly calls Y/n 'Dad', creating a deeper bond with the two.

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Emma's POV:

I wake up to my daughter's fingers poking at my cheeks.

"Mommy, mommy, you need to wake up." I hear my Florence whisper, kissing my cheek. I hum, wrapping my arms around her, hearing her giggle. "Mama!"

"Ahhh, there's my girl. I got you." I say, holding onto her, finally opening my eyes and seeing her smiling widely. I kiss her forehead, rubbing her back.

"I need to go to school."

"You've got an hour, honey." I answer, she shakes her head and points toward the clock. I look over and my eyes widen. "Oh my— Okay, you go downstairs and get your bag ready, I will quickly get dressed!" I say, she nods and jumps off the bed and heads downstairs, I quickly get dressed. I throw on some jeans, a white t-shirt and put some perfume on, quickly brushing my hair as I head downstairs. "Okay, okay, here's—here's money for lunch. You'll need it." I say, handing her the money. She smiles.

"Thank you, mama." She thanks me, I ruffle her hair, hearing her giggle.

"You brushed your teeth— oh, shoot, I forgot. Give me a second." I say, going to rush upstairs before rushing back over and picking Florence up. "I already know you haven't so don't bother lying to me."

"Ugh!" Florence complains, making me giggle. We brush our teeth, I do a quick run-through of her hair and make sure she's brushed her hair which she has. We both jog downstairs, hand-in-hand and as I open the door, I see Y/n come in.

"Ah— I didn't miss it, did I?" Y/n questions, glancing between us.

"Miss what?" I ask, grabbing my bag and moving the strap over my shoulder.

"The first day photo. Come on." She says, gathering us together. We quickly take the photo, all laughing and giggling then I notice Y/n walk towards her car and tug me toward it. "We'll take mines."

"But I need to go to work straight after— shoot, I need to do a food shop, as well as—"

"—I got it, I got it. Don't worry." Y/n assures me, kissing my forehead. Florence get's in Y/n's car without a question and she rubs my back. "I will take care of the food shop, I know you both very well so I think I will know what to get."

"Ugh, have I ever told you how amazing you are?" I ask her, kissing her lips repeatedly. She giggles, kissing my forehead and we both get in and she starts to drive to Florence's school.

***

We arrive at her school and Y/n turns to her, offering a very sweet smile that makes me feel so much better about my day.

"Have a good day, okay? I'll see you soon and you can tell me all about it." Y/n explains to her while Florence takes her seatbelt off and leans forward, kissing her cheek.

"Thank you." Flo thanks her, then looks over at me and kisses my cheek. "Bye-bye, Mama."

"You want me to walk you in?" I offer, noticing her think for a moment. She nods. Opening her door, I kiss Y/n's cheek. "I'll be right back." I tell her, she hums and I get out of the car, holding Florence's hand, walking her toward the gate, rubbing the back of her hand. "Are you nervous, baby girl?" I ask her, worriedly, looking over at her and seeing her stare at the elementary school.