60 - Reunited

Silently we wander
Into this void of consequence
My shade will always haunt her
But she will be
My guiding light

Silently we wander
In search of truth and confidence
So many hopes were lost here
Along the way
From morning to night

From ashes we were born
In silence we unite. - Wander - Kamelot

Elijah's POV

"She's been imprisoned and sentenced to death." I hear my scout report and I scrunch my face in disgust. I didn't think they would give her the death sentence. Oh well. I'll be raiding that compound before she can be killed. I want her in my clan. She started this journey for me, so she will get a chance to be a part of the new world I will bring.

I've managed to gather a large army. Attacked 10 different covens and pack lands and the council is still in the dark as to my plans or to what is even happening. Such a pathetic group of supernaturals. Have all those resources and still are unaware of a threat aimed at them.

I still haven't perfected the creation of a hybrid through blood, but what I have created will be enough to take over the council and actually have the resources to create my perfect being. Maybe Davyna can help me with that.

Soon, so soon. My mouth is watering in anticipation of the destruction and chaos that is coming.

Get ready, council. I'm coming for you.

- - -

Vincent's POV

I can't help but let my nerves get the best of me as we approach the council chambers as a group. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to just deal another suffering blow to myself and Caleb regarding Davyna, but what else can they do? She's already sentenced to death.

I don't pay much attention to anything as we walk in, but my interest is peaked as I see mine and Caleb's parents, but I don't see Matthias. Was he found guilty of something as well and we just didn't hear of it? Where is he?

We take our places, Caleb and I in the center and Marcella on my right, and Sage on Caleb's left. It's not long before my mother speaks, her tone even and calm.

"There's been a development." She says and I tilt my head slightly and don't break eye contact. "What kind of development?" I question, my tone more serious and demanding. No more games. I don't care that these are my parents. All I care about is Davyna's safety.

When there is a short silence, I glare and state, "Spit. It. Out."

It's Caleb's mother who speaks next. "Councilman Matthias is missing... and so is Asher. They're nowhere to be found."

I hear Sage and Marcella gasp, and I can't mask the own shock that appears on my face.

"What do you mean? Matthias never said anything about a possible departure?" They shake their heads and I turn to look at Caleb.

"Asher took him, it's the only explanation for them both to not be here."

"No wonder we couldn't find him, but finally that fucker slipped up." Caleb smirks devilishly and I can't help but return it. We turn our attention back to the council. "What of Davyna then?" Caleb questions.

"She will be released and her sentence revoked temporarily. We need to find Asher and Councilman Matthias before we can pass another judgement, but it is questionable as to Asher's behaviour and how it ties to Davyna."

"We will get the proof you need, you can guarantee it." I say.

"Davyna will be released shortly, she is to gather her strength and then all of you are to focus on this task. We need to get to the bottom of this promptly."