30 - Fear of Losing You

I never felt this way before walking through a lonely door
When there's no you, the you I long for
Now that we have said goodbye, here's another sleepless night
It's over and you left me haunted
Say something, take the weight off of your shoulders
Say something, 'fore this feeling takes you over. - Left Me Haunted - Cold Kingdom

Davyna's POV

I had just hung up from the phone call with Vincent and Caleb. It was nice to talk to them, although I almost told them I love them. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet. I mean I do love them, but this is just something I need to absolutely be sure I'm ready to say. It's nerve-wracking to think of how fast my feelings for them have developed, but I mean the mate bond is definitely contributing to that.

I start to get ready to meet Marcella at Bloodhaven, getting back into a routine while the boys are gone. Everything has been pretty quiet so far, Sage left the day before, but called earlier today to tell me that her parents are okay with her moving here. I am so glad, it was so easy having her here when all this was going down with Caleb and Vincent. She should be here by the end of the month, once everything has been finalized and her suite is ready.

After getting into my dance gear, I pull my hair back into a high pony, quickly apply some makeup and grab my bag. I double check I have everything and I head out the door. Once at Bloodhaven, I walk inside and head upstairs to meet Marcella. As I get to the top of the stairs, I hear raised voices coming from the main practice room.

"Marcella, you're such a bitch! We have always done all the routines! Why in the hell is the human doing them with us now?" Maria says. I stop by the door, letting the rest of the conversation play out. "She's allowed to be included, Maria. Get your head out of your ass and stop being an entitled brat. It isn't becoming of you." Oh shit.

I decide to walk in just as Maria approaches Marcella and slaps her across the face.

"Hey, there's no need for that, Maria. I'm sure we can work this out, respectively. You don't need to get physical." I state as I walk up to Marcella and stand beside her and drop my bag as she holds her face in shock. Maria then gets in my face, but I stand my ground.

She's so close to me that I can smell the shampoo she used on her hair. She sticks her finger out and pokes me as she says, "YOU don't belong here, you don't belong in our routines, and you sure as hell don't belong around Caleb or Vincent."

No she fucking didn't. I feel myself stiffen up at the mere mention of my mates.

"Guess there still is petty drama, even with supernaturals." I return the poking, and look her right in the eyes as I reply, "You, Maria, have no control over anything that happens here. You don't control me, and you sure as hell can't tell me who I can and can't hangout with. If you're asking me, you're the one who is the bitch. Can't get over that you're just not that important and don't have anyone pining over you. Get over yourself and do your job."

I see rage in her eyes as they flash red and she raises her hand to slap me too, but something in me automatically reacts and I grab her wrist mid-slap before she can reach my face. "You don't want to do that." I say as I tighten my grip on her wrist. She struggles to pull it away from me, but I eventually let it go.

"What the hell, there is no way you can overpower me." She goes to hit me again and I stop her for a second time.

"Now you're just asking for it." I say and I feel all my muscles coil as I smash my fist into her chest, hard. She stumbles backwards and gasps in shock.

"Get the fuck out of here, before this gets into a full brawl. Believe me, I won't hold back." Maria scoffs and goes and grabs her bag and storms off. "Davyna!" Marcella comes to stand in front of me. "How's your hand?" I take a look at it. "It's fine." I reply as I go and place my bag on the side of the room.