61 - Welcome Home

I'm on my way
Through every day
I'm facing all my faults
All alone
No way home
Afraid to lose it all

I hear you screaming
Bleeding out of the hunter
I open my eyes
And now I realize
I'm just the game
Torn away from my home
Left me crawling
Everything is falling
Now I'm the hunted
I'm the hunted. - The Hunted - Saint Asonia

Davyna's POV

That son of a bitch. Not only did he get me wrongfully imprisoned and he's taken my father, but he probably been working with Elijah all along?

Caleb retrieves the crumpled note from the floor and reads it aloud. "I'll see you where it all began. What does this mean Davyna?"

I sigh. "I told you, he's taken Matthias to my old family home. It's the only place that any of this started. It's where Elijah killed my mother and made my dormancy change. That's why I'm saying he's working with Elijah as well. Only Elijah was there that night. Asher wouldn't know of what transpired at my house unless he was told."

It makes sense though. He's been after me for no apparent reason, and if he was Elijah's eyes in here concerning the council and myself then that explains how Elijah has kept his plans such a secret up until now, and how the hybrid village is the only place with suspicions and possible answers.

"We need to go to my house as soon as possible."

"Wait, Davyna." Vincent stops me from getting off of the bed. "You need to recover. If what you're saying is true, then we're probably walking into a trap he's set. If you're to have any chance, you need to build your strength back up. I'm assuming that you weakening during your imprisonment was part of the plan so he could challenge you. He knows he couldn't beat you in a fair fight."

Caleb chimes in. "Yeah. Don't give him any upper hand, baby. You don't know what he has planned."

I sigh. They're right. I've only managed to keep this conversation going because Marcella gave me some blood to perk me up. I am in no state to fight, and surely that is what I'll end up doing when I come face-to-face with Asher.

"I'm sure your father won't be harmed. It seems like he's just the bait. He needs him to draw you out, so he won't do anything to deter you from coming."

"I hope so. Matthias doesn't deserve this. After that ordeal with Maria...." I trail off and my eyes widen in realization. "Maria... she was following orders to attack my father. That was probably Asher too, but I think Maria went too far because her and I had a bit of a conflict beforehand. I didn't see her down in the dungeons, but it was impossible to see anything down there, so."

Vincent nods. "She's still down there as far as we know. But it makes sense how the conflict with her escalated. It's all about getting a brash response from you."

Things are starting to click into place. This is all connected, but I am not letting it happen. I don't know why Asher would work with Elijah, but I mean it could be any reason at all. I can't focus on that though. I need to focus on getting myself back into shape to go kick Asher's ass into the ground.

"I'll take the blood from you both now, and I'm going to get some rest." I say as I grasp one of each Caleb's and Vincent's hands in my own.

"Sounds like a good start, love."

- - -

Vincent's POV

I sigh as I follow Caleb out of our room and close the door behind me quietly. Davyna fed off of us both before getting to sleep, and needless to say we need a rest too. I sit down on the couch and lean back, covering my eyes.