42 - Unexpected Visitor

I'm awake I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life
Here, right here
Right now, right now
Stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake and I'm alive

I'm at war with the world cause I
Ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again.
- Awake and Alive - Skillet

Caleb's POV

I lay in bed, finally feeling more content after last night's ambush by Renee. I've got to give it to Davyna. She really is a powerhouse. Strong, not only in body, but in mind. She brought me back from the edge when I seriously thought I was going to lose it.

I roll over in the bed, trying not to disturb her as she sleeps. I watch her as she breathes evenly, clearly having a calm and peaceful sleep. Her black curls are splayed everywhere around her, some trapped under her, some sitting comfortably over the covers, and some in her face. I trace my finger along her face as I move away some of the hair from her face. Her eyelids flutter and slowly open and I'm greeted with a small smile and those stunning grey eyes that I love so much.

"Morning handsome." She says, her voice thick with sleep. I smile at the compliment. "Good morning, baby. How did you sleep?" She stretches, arching her back and revealing her toned stomach as the blankets adjust with her movement.

"Great. How about you?" She asks, slight concern in her tone. "I slept alright, baby. A lot better then I would have if you weren't here." I lean in and kiss her gently. She loops her arms around my neck and pulls me into a deeper kiss. I growl as she pulls me on top of her, and wraps her legs around my waist. She's turning this into a morning make out session, and man am I ever down. Feeling her under me, some of her exposed skin touching mine, it's enough for me to want to take her right here. But, I want to do this right, so I'll hold out a little longer. I break the feverish kisses after a short while, both of us breathing heavily and the sexual tension between us thickening with every second that passes.

"That is it. I'm mating and marking you tonight." She giggles. "Are you serious?" I nod. "Very, you little tease." I run my hands up her body as she shivers. "I want to feel you under me, moaning from pleasure and screaming my name." I see blood rush to her cheeks, turning them a slight shade of pink as she blushes at my words.

"Now who's teasing!" She states as she covers her face in embarrassment. I laugh as I sit up and stretch myself. She sits up behind me and starts to massage my shoulders. God her hands feel so good. She leans into me, continuing to artfully relieve the tension from my body. "What is the plan for today?" She asks, before kissing the back of my neck. I want to never leave this bed.

"I was going to workout today for a few hours and then I have to attend a few meetings."

"Can I come?" She asks and I turn to face her. "Of course you can, baby." She smiles, but it doesn't last long as I see her frown and clutch her throat, her eyes slightly tinged red.

"Davyna? You okay?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Uh.. I think I'm thirsty." Her breathing becomes more ragged and her eyes fully change, glowing brightly as she looks at me.

"Give me a second." I get out of bed and head into the mini fridge in my workout room and grab a bottle of blood. I return to the room and toss it to Davyna. "Try that. I stocked some here, just in case." She nods and takes a couple small gulps. What happens next, I completely don't expect.