37b - Creature of the Night

Now I am stealing her body and taking it home.
There is always one more fault.
This will hurt you, it's killing me

This will hurt you, and I will to,
And I will...for this girl,
(Bloodlust, Bloodloss) for this boy,
(Bloodlust, Bloodlust) for this girl,
(Bloodlust, Bloodloss) for this boy, this boy!

But now I punch a wound and once again forgive my sin.

This is forever. - Bitemarks and Bloodstains - Finch

(Continuation without mature 18+ content)

Davyna's POV

"You'll be a little sore in the morning, but let's run a bath and get cleaned up."

I nod as he picks me up bridal style, towel and all and carries me into the bathroom. When he puts me down to run the bath, I get a wet cloth and wipe myself down, noticing the smallest amount of blood, a clear sign that I am no longer a virgin. I go and rinse the cloth under the tap in the sink, and when I look up, I'm startled by Vincent standing behind me, eyes almost glowing red. He's breathing heavily as he stares at me, eyes focused solely on my neck.

"I need to mark you, Davyna." He says huskily as he approaches me and I turn to face him. "Are you in pain, Vincent? You look like you're hurting."

"It's...uncomfortable, but I need to do it. My nature is making it hard to resist now that we've mated. I thought I could hold off, but it's proving difficult." He tells me, and I can hear the strain in his voice.

"Then don't resist it." I state confidently. "Mark me."

Hearing my permission, he hesitantly walks up to me, clearly in great discomfort.

"Vincent, please. I can't bear to see you like this." I close the space between us and cup his face in my hands. "You won't hurt me. I trust you."

He closes his eyes, taking a few slow breaths. Seeming a bit calmer, he instructs me. "Back in the bedroom. I won't do it here."

"Okay." I say quietly as I head back into the bedroom with Vincent behind me, and I climb back onto the bed. He stands at the end and beckons me forward with his finger, his red eyes mesmerizing me. He looks so menacing, but ironically instead of making me fear him and his primal nature, it makes me want him again. I rise to my knees at the end of the bed, the perfect height for Vincent to lean down and lick my neck, near my collarbone. I shiver as he looks down at me and I look up at him, feeling anxious of what is coming next.

He pulls my chin up slightly with his hand and angles my head to the left, exposing the right side of my neck to him. Without warning, he strikes quickly and I gasp at the searing pain that hits me at first as he embeds his fangs into me. Vincent wraps his arms around me, stabilizing me. The pain is intense, but after a few seconds, it mellows into a light throb. It's at this point I can actually hear him drinking my blood. Small, light gulps echo in my ears and my head. I grit my teeth as I feel him bite into me further, deeper, sending another wave of pain radiating out. I start to breathe heavily as a new feeling washes over me, the familiar warm tingles making themselves known again. I close my eyes, the pain dissipating and the warmth engulfing me like a cocoon. This must be the mate bond, now accepted. The warmth expands all over me, down to my toes and out to my fingertips.

I open my eyes to see Vincent staring at me, having already withdrawn his fangs from my neck. His eyes are finally back to his normal hazel colour. He smiles at me. "You didn't fight me...you accepted it."

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask. "No reason." He cups my face in his hands and kisses me so softly. I feel my legs start to wobble, clearly overexerted from our mating and now the marking. "Sit down, love. You've been through a lot in a short amount of time." I listen to him and lay back on the bed. I hear Vincent's footsteps go back into the bathroom and I hear the bath water running. I close my eyes for what feels like a second, and then open them again as I feel my body being lowered into warm water.