Chapter 6:Sneeze

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
     I walked out into the soft, morning dew of the main hallway to (y,n)'s estate as I slipped on my sandals and cape, trying with my highest efforts not to sneeze more. A long stretch in the sunlight came happily with a quiet yawn- ready for the day after a good night! I slept like a baby after the second try at sleeping,... minus all of the sneezing I succumbed to once I woke up, the cold air from (y,n)'s training did linger on through the nighttime a little too... oh well. 

     (Y,n)... may've been right about me coming down with something thanks to all the low temperatures I was exposed to. I will admit, I have been showing some signs of a light cold... HOWEVER, I won't let that ruin the rest of my day just yet!!! I awoke not too long ago; now's no time to get down because of a stuffy nose and some congestion! I'm sure I can get it treated later on in the afternoon. 

     I placed my hands on my hips and turned to glance around, adjusting to the new light (y,n)'s home as been shown in. Light introduces itself inside to walk across the wooden floors, it comes to gift a different appearance to the abode. Soft, tired, stretching out it's arms as it too tries to wake up after dusk. A morning adjacent to what I'm used to. Less lively- nothing compared to my family's home. I'm always the first to wake up, and definitely the loudest at it, too. Sometimes, it gets to the point where I even end up making my father stir from his sleep! Though, that's kind of what I'm aiming for in the morning; I tend to encourage him to wake up at a healthy time.

     "This is going to be a good morning, I can feel it!" I whispered to myself while leading off into a peppy step through the walkway, making adjustments to my messy hair and combing through the tangles.

     I stopped at the door to the Pillar's garden when images of last night crossed my mind and whisked away the last fuzzy feeling within my mind. The sunlight beaming through the shoji screen caught my eyes as I continued to stare at the thin barrier. I'm getting chills just from thinking of how cold it was in that frozen environment. I know (y,n) said it doesn't bother her because of her occupation as an Ice Slayer, but it still baffles me. Questions stir and stir about the technique she brandishes after the previous night, and there's no telling if my queries will be answered.

     Unintentionally, I brought my hand up to dance towards the handle of the door, lingering on the precipice of sliding it open, yet my apprehension refuses to let me draw any further. I don't want to wake my host up or intrude if she's still asleep, after all, she did say she sleeps outside. I would just not disturb her if that's the case, but it'd be impolite to depart from here without so much of a "goodbye".

     Before I had the chance to make my decision, the door was suddenly opened up on the other side to the Ice Hashira, appearing in front of me on the patio of her garden as the rising sun cast a silky glow on her shorter stature. She cut her eyes at me when seeing my out-raised hand, trailing her view up to my face after some time. I... wouldn't say I look my absolute best right now, ... maybe a little more on the untidy side of the spectrum. I did my best to make myself look 'professional' with what few materials I had at hand. Didn't get very far, but it was worth a shot. My hair is more unruly compared to it's sleeker style, and my nose is blotched red from how much I've been sniffling and sneezing. Morning splattered all over my appearance. I'll have to shape up later when I get home.

     "Good, you're up, I was about to wake you myself." (y,n) sighed, moving her loose haori out of the way as she closed the door. She one-ups me the moment she appears in the doorway, a much tidier presentation, more composed than me, a hell of a lot. Her (h,c) hair is neatly woven into its normal look, and her face; clear of any remaining sleep. The uniform worn to demon slaying hasn't a single unintentional wrinkle in it, leaving it to comfortably hug her body in all the right places.