Chapter 19:The guests

~*(y,n)'s POV*~
     "...Eh?" 

     "Wh... Don't tell me you were expecting for me to put up more of a fight." I wiped away the blood accumulating around my forehead after what I said, only for the stream to renew while I waited for Kyojuro's response. He looked at me for a while... just staring- I doubt he's taking my comment well, he must've not even thought I'd agree for him to help.

     "W-well..." He better not say ye- "Yes? I thought you wouldn't agree, so..." This bitch... I didn't want to say yes, I know that myself, but he doesn't have to make it seem like I would've started arguing with him. I'm not going to waste our time here that much.

     "We do... tend to clash a lot-"

     "Kyojuro, I'm not stupid, there's a time and place for everything." I sighed. He's not... wrong, unfortunately. We'd be going back and forth about my condition until one side wins if I actually wanted to start that conversation, and he's a persistent man who won't back down from a fight without a reason to, especially with me in this beaten state. I'm not as keen to go off with him at the moment either, not only thanks to this damn blow to the head, but because of the pickle we've found ourselves in.

      We're right under the nose of a sleeping giant, and one wrong move might wake the beast.

     My senses are up and running again, skewed because of my disorientation, though that's not strong enough to stop me from feeling the terrifying aura around this joint. 40-... maybe 50 demons stretching in the lengths of the shoji doors of this cylindrical hell-hole, based on the array of dark energy . Intentions to attack... aren't apparent in the air yet (a shocker, after our grand entrance. We had to have shaken the place up through the walls when we hit the bottom floor).

     "If you say so!" Finally jumping onto the same boat I've been riding, the Flame Pillar nodded to my acquiescence. About time, I thought he'd keep going with the nonsense. He swept his messed-up hair out of the way and cracked his knuckles beneath the gaze of my suspicion- he looks so determined to assist... What in the world is he going to do...?

     The man's fingers moved quickly to flick open the buttons of his top shirt. I didn't waste another thought to back away from him as soon as he reached the white, and partially bloodied uniform shirt underneath. Ok, he's insane, got it. "What's the deal with the stripping all of a sudden-?"

     "Don't worry! This is the only thing I have that might help! I... don't actually have any medical supplies on me, so I have to make due with what we've got." He explained as he caught his sleeve by where it meets with his elbow, and needing a few hard tugs, he ripped off the bottom portion of the fabric. He continued to tear away at the white material before it was a long strand in his hands sitting under the proud smile he got from his work.

     "That's as good as it's going to get..." The man chuckled to himself and made a shuffle closer to me, slow and cautious with the movements forward. His hands ever so slightly shook as he pushed my locks to the side, an action that took a lengthy, careful breath from him. Concentrated, or possibly scared that he may do something wrong. I'm sure he'd be more at ease if he was with the other Hashira, but with, to even have to see me tensing and stiffening every time he does something, it's as if he's prodding a live flame.

     After cleaning off some of the blood with the back of his hand, Kyojuro began to wrap the torn-sleeve piece around my head, those roundabouts being precise, only bringing a little pain each time he made the slow turns. He's been watching Shinobu treat wounded slayers- This is how she usually tends to her patients, of course, considerably less anxious.