Chapter 28:Bodies

~*(y,n)'s POV*~
     "(y,n)... it's ok...." 'Don't know what that attempt raises the count up to now that he's tried to comfort me so much, as he bleeds in my arms, as the wound I created is chilling the liquid coming from him. I'd think he'd be allaying himself more than anything when seeing how quickly the injury is taking it's toll. But like I always say... this... is Kyojuro.

     I didn't speak while his eyes drearily looked at me, his hand reaching up- it went to the slash in his shoulder with a tiny cry, failing to touch on my face. He retracts from me once again, not because he's afraid of what I might do; he just can't.

     The demon opposite to us across carnage laughed maniacally while watching me cradle the Flame Pillar. I gazee his way absently, eyes; knifelike. "I thought we were doing good business! What's the hold up? Destroy what'simportant to me, and I'll do the same! It's only fair!!" He screamed, dropping his professional act to smile toothily at me. He ripped away at the remaining shreds from his outfit, his veins flickering on and off with their light.

     "You're strong, right?" He mocked me, "I can't believe you would turn on your own ally. You should've known that portal would be there~" His glowing golden fingers danced around in the dark night . For a moment, his right hand made a circular turn- a shield of ice came between me and the hand that erupted from that window, my gaze returning to the blonde slayer while stinging in the corners.

     ... I'm so dissapointed in myself. I should've been more careful, I should've been able to get out of the way, been more vigilant and stayed conscious of Gen's abilities. I'm a Hashira, people recognize I'm one of the more top level ones, at that. I train day and night until I'm to the point of throwing up, I'm the successor of someone who was said to be the one of the greatest of the Ice Pillar's throughout Demon Slaying history, and for what? For what? 

     It's all my fault... i-it's...

     My shot eyes dithered as they finally saved me from the image of my injured teammate, taking my sights off from the suffering mixed into eyes, eyes that I glare upon in spite every time I see him. He can't even look at the situation and openly show just how much pain he must be in. From the moment it started, he tried to alleviate me that I hadn't caused as much damage as I did, even if he can't get up or use recovery breathing.

     ...

     I stood up from my comrade and gently set him back down on the ground, glancing at my opponent with a dark, emotionless leer. The manager of the giant inn snickered in the face of my solemn expression. He shivers in the still, crisp air-... it won't be still for much longer. He should enjoy it while it lasts. 

     "Ooo, Someone's getting SERIOUS serious now, huh?" I didn't answer when picking up my sword, flicking away the blood that's on it. Kyojuro's blood. It's his blood.

     "What's the matter? Too mad to answer?"

     "... No." I said calmly, walking closer to him and the center of the battlefield. The grass under my feet not already frozen to the sheets of ice after every step, spreading through the open space, through the earth, bringing a slight permafrost underneath us and hardening the ground.

     "If I was mad, I wouldn't be able to control myself." My sword stopped at the center of the demon's chest the moment when one another of his portals came close to me, the force of sending a wave of shaking power through him and blowing him back into the golden frame. He flipped back up onto his feet with a laugh, but a second stab pushed him even further than before and gave me the stage to talk again. 

     "I'm just tired,-" I stepped over the rim of the window before it could close, not giving any regard to the danger.

     "Tired of this mission, tired of being hungry, tired of being here at all, tired of you..." Gen looked around  as cold winds picked up upon the surroundings, blew through our hair and clothes, whispered to themselves  in a growing rise. He tried to stay coy as snowflakes popped away from my footsteps, joining the many others in the atmosphere.