Chapter 31:Silent winds

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
     "I need to talk to her." It's like my friend seemed to lose the remaining sliver of what composure he has left when I said that, as I stare up at the ceiling from where I lay on one of the Butterfly Estate's patios. It all went down so quick- the turn of his head, the slap to his forehead, and the long, very long groan of his frustration.

     He's held back all that emotion the entire time we've been talking about the past several days. I'm surprised he didn't grab me by the collar and yank the words out of me. The way that his fingers have been impatiently strumming on the floorboards made it look like such.

     After the man freed himself of the burden that's built up on him, he smushed his face into his hands, brewing another sigh out. "Oh my god..." He lifted his head up, his purple eyes looking down at me. I smiled back, 'sorry' written across the feeble expression. I'd apologize to Sanemi about my shenanigans if he didn't do this stuff for me so often,' even threatened me about excusing myself too much.

     "I thought you'd never say it... OF COURSE you have to talk to her! What else?! Sitting and waiting for a miracle wasn't doing you any good!!" He dug his hand through his messy hair. I think I'd be a little relieved to hear my decision as well after all that we've talked about.

    "I'm sor-"

    "Oi!! You know not to finish that sentence!" The Shinazugawa brother silenced me with a point of his hand while I sat up and peered at him, exhaling with a laugh.

    "Right, right..." I excused my slip up in his reprimanding glare, thinning my lips when my friend went on.

     "So you're actually going to do it? No beating around the bush? I didn't come up here to talk to you just for you to bullshit through this." He asked me with a reminder of how our conversation has gone. Discussing what's been happening over the last few days has been a lot to take in for the two of us, finding a solution? Even harder.

     I think I've known I have to talk to our comrade, a letter or a middle man; not much of an option. This has gone from me going straight to the decision, then refusing, to considering an alternative, then back to flat out refusing again, and here now, FINALLY choosing to do it. This boat ride has not been a joy for him.

     "Fear not, I'm sure about it this time." I put him at ease before he might exhibit another reaction.

     "After... what went down yesterday, it had me thinking about our argument. I'm not going to be able to get it off my mind anymore until I make it a point to right my wrongs." I rested my chin against my hand, trying to escape the thought of my little outburst from yesterday morning. Shinobu's tried her best to avoid the subject for the Wind Pillar's sake, seeing as he's already cringing at only the slight mention.

     If I didn't fight that man, I know Sanemi would've gladly taken my place.

     "Don't remind me, it already pissed me off enough when Shinobu told me. God, if I was there, the wrath that asshole would've gotten... I'm surprised you didn't do anything." I would've, if not for the circumstances of Shinobu's arrival... and for (y,n). She already gave enough input about me stepping into things such as this.

     "Besides being injured, (y,n)'s... ehe... warned me before about standing up for her." I admitted to him nervously. I know I haven't changed what I'm speaking, but he looks at me like I'm mumbling in tongues, only scoffing after I confirm it- I don't know how else to break it. The Ice Pillar's gotten mad at me before for defending her honor, and with the track record I currently have with her, I don't need any more problems with her.

     "That woman is impossible... you gotta tell me how you do it, Kyojuro..."

     "I don't think that's possible, I've been trying to play it safe lately after the heavy altercation." I said to Sanemi and leaned forward to look past the wooden patio, resting my elbows and head on my knees as he thumped a few pats on my shoulder.