Chapter 41:Umbrella

~*(Y,n)'s POV*~
     Scratches slice into my skin and rake out blood across my cheeks, brush into my hair, and sting my with no hope of protection. I can hear close to nothing among the terror of the music. So many fallen angels, weeping with their instruments and tearing my clothes. My frozen skin hasnt done much good, either. I can't use my ice to protect us all, not with the storm blowing in all directions. I'd have to make an entire sphere just to do that... forfeit the battle to our young enemy and let her get away. And that's why I still stand, the only one of us resisting her rage.

     Our enemy screamed with primal insanity to have to see me not cower away from her powers- out of everyone, the one who has made her question everything and driven her past the edge.

     "Dammit! Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!!!" She threw an absolute fit after just one glance into my calm eyes, balling up her cloudy kimono sleeves in those shaking hands. To not even bear the sight of me, I know she's at her limit, having taken far too many attempts to clear up the picture. I know this is bad, on so many levels. I could try to trick myself that this isn't dangerous, but that'd be pointless? This is a fight when I have to think that I might not make it out alive.

     For a moment, I glanced to the shop window near me, looking sadly inside at the faces that stare back, and not my dirty complexion. Mrs. and Mr.Nataduma, watching the battle against my wishes for them to run for safety. I wouldn't expect them to look away so easily- their quiet, innocent moving boy, unmasked of the life that he has always hid from them? That's nothing easy to swallow for those old souls.

     My boss has his wife tucked into his shoulder while she cries, his own face stony and teary as he looks on. I nodded to him for a split-second, tightening the grip around my sword's hilt. Give my adieu to him, if it must be done.

     "-Who are you to actually know what you're talking about, y-you're just some Demon Slayer!! A lowlife human! You will never understand what it's like for me!!!" The child pulled at some of her long bangs with that roar, one of the sharp droplets tearing into my thigh at the surge of her emotions.

     "They didn't love me enough to do anything, they betrayed me! You just wouldn't get it..." Her angry eyes spiked at me in their water graves. I took another step forward through the wreckage... gazing at the reflection of me looking back. I can't glare this time, not when she's simply a younger me.

    Is there something wrong with me, to see remnants of the past in a child who's murdered hundreds mercilessly? I couldn't tell you, not when I'm at a loss here, myself. I didn't think I'd be asking these questions just an hour ago...

     Something, anything let me go back to gather everything together.

     "...No, I understand." ᴾˡᵉᵃˢᵉ... ʲᵘˢᵗ ˢᵉⁿᵈ ᵘˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ...

*-~1̸̢͕͕̓̈́͗̇̽͐͜:̸͓̠̲͉̞̩́͗̏̿̚3̴̬͖̥͚̺͔̽̀̾̉̄0̵̛͙͒̔̈́͛̌ĥ̸̹̪̺͖͕̮͛̔̿̽ṙ̷̗̰̩̏̇͒̄̕ş̵̠͔̯̀͗́ ̴̨̫̖̞̈́̊l̶̘͓̯͚͙̠̐̓̂̄ȩ̶͎̝̩͕̽̑͗̅̍f̴̯̀͌͋͂̓̈́t̴̹̃̅̑̑̊ ~ -*

     "-You seem conflicted." I had a feeling he's known that I've been here for the past ten minutes, considering how loud my footsteps were in th3 puddles. Stealth didn't feel necessary when I made this detour to hold my umbrella above his head,' keep is shoulders from getting any more soaked. It was impossible to just walk by. If you saw the sun of our ranks sitting so silent in this rain, could you just ease along as well?

     Anyone in my position would've said something much sooner.

     I think what's worse is that he hasn't adressed me whatsoever, just letting that blonde hair stick to his cheeks as he stares into the riverwater . He's not one to keep to himself.' All lost in his thoughts... for heaven's sake.