Chapter 61: The thunder

Ah... he laughs along with him. They giggle, snort, cackle until they can no longer breathe. One of them is bound to keel over at any moment, only one. The other man, he hasn't seen the light of life in his skin for generations, nor his heart, nor any other part of him. If his heart stopped then and there, nothing would happen. Both the breath and the tenderness have been lost to venom. Taiso would say he's worse than Kiri, nothing compared to Akaza, and just a tad bit better than the twins.

     The blonde slapped his knee with the loudest of his laughs, struggling to keep his drink in his cup. He never told the human what was actually in his cup, 'Share a drink with me' is all he suggested, carrying some cheap sake along with him. Best not asked what concoction he toasted with.

     "Y'know... I can barely wrap my head around why you bother to stay in this place... you're idiotic, you know that?" The demon swished his beverage in his hand while looking off at where the Cloud Family is, refracting the image of his eyes on the surface. 'Upper Moon 2'.

     The parents stand in front of their two remaining children, whispering something among themselves with stoic expressions. Taiso... would rather not see his friend right now, not to see the disfigurement of bloody branches that he's dislodged from his right side. They practically have a mind of their own, cracking... breathing...

     "They're my family." Was all that the Slayer said as he winced at the taste of his drink. He knows this now; demons have no worthwhile taste in alcohol. Lake water would be more deserving than that sad excuse of... whatever he's drinking. He appreciates the efforts, not often that any of the Kizuki members approach him willingly. Extended family, to him...

     He got the crazy Uncle this time; the cult leader.

     Douma leaned into the front of his seat with a froggy, lopsided smirk, gazing at the madness ensuing. Arashidan and Kumotaiko have gone to twitching and shrieking across the ground, blood foaming from their mouths as their veins burn their skin. Taiso ignores it once more...

     "Don't you feel like a black sheep? Where'd your herd go?" The question raised itself into the air and evoked a cringe, almost just as unseemly as his dogwate-... Sake.

     "Gone. They abandoned me, both of them,"

     "... There were two?" The Upper Moon 2 flipped around in his spot to better face the Demon Slayer, slinging his blonde hair over his shoulder in delight. He took a hardy sip of his beverage, putting his company on the spot with his catty interest. He's too easily amused at anything Taiso does or says, sees him more as a pet than an actual person. It's better than being scoped out as a meal...

    "Technically only one, but the second... they're the ones that I plan to kill. They're the reason that..." The man didn't bother to finish his sentence, gesturing to himself with a weak laugh. There's no explanation necessary, it's all prevalent. In just his pale complexion? No, it's inside of him, it's in his smell.

     "You're practically running towards your grave, these days. Miss your expiration date, pretty boy?" Douma laughed, nudging his companion in the side. All the demons in the estate have been able to smell Taiso around, not discerning the obvious stand-apart of species. For each resident that he a walks by, they give him a passing glance, and you can almost bet that they always know when he walks into the room. Muzan has laughed over it. To think- a smile in the place of a corpse...

     "It should've come long ago... the only reason that I'm alive now is because of petty theft." He mentioned, shaking a vile from the pocket of his shirt. He doesn't feel bad about it, not anymore. There's always that bottle waiting for his next refill, not like anyone will notice a few missing ounces.