Chapter 23: Windchime

~*(y,n)'s POV*~
     How did I get into this mess? A slip up where not even my best of ideas could get me out safely? This wasn't even Kyojuro's fault this time, I shouldn't have let myself drift so far off, otherwise, I would've prevented this, could've reacted quicker to the danger. Look at where my faults have gotten me... stuck in a spot where not even my greatest of wits could wiggle me out of this alive. So much of it is already going into the very thing preventing my death, get preoccupied, and I'm put on a platter.

     I watched my competitors' eyes close while they contemplated between each other on what their next move should be on the table-top Gomoku board. Two heads, two separate minds, connected to each other just by the same shoulders, hidden under a mountain of fabric. I hope the strange anatomy won't stand as an issue to kill this monstrosity, but there's no reason to even think about the decapitation part, to be blunt. 'Don't have my sword, any weapon, for that matter.

     I'm empty handed, no way for me to protect myself if these two don't keep their promise they made to me. All I've got is my intelligence and vigilance to keep me alive like they have been. Those... they can't protect me forever though, not if they prove to fail me too. There goes my last hope then.

     -And my life

     With some time of consideration, my opponents placed down one of their black stones on the board, crossing their arms past the fabric of the fancy haori they're wearing as they smirked confidently. "You're not going to win," The more feminine head of the pair declared so proudly that the obnoxiousness couldn't be anymore irking- a face of Geisha makeup, the purple hair not matching the aesthetic of her guise in those two, short pigtails.

     "We're the best Gomoku players in this hotel, possibly even the only ones. You're only prolonging the inevitable-"

     "Just keep answering my questions, I'm not done yet." I moved a white stone over to put in the way of the row they've been creating, not letting the win so easily. Good thing I know my board games well, I think I would've been dead at this point if not for that. I've considered making a run for it through the door behind them and risk leading to a intense cat-and-mouse dilemma, but sitting here knowing they've promised to keep their hands off of me until... I lose; is unarguably smarter.

     "Right, right, the questions. Where did we leave off..." It was a man's head that spoke next, a clean shaven face and the same purple hair struggled back into a modest bun. He grinned at me through the changing and drifting lights of lines across the walls while making their next play on the board, snickering to themselves while I spoke with my stone expression. I break from it and show a tremble, they have a reason to get under my skin more.

     "The owner of this hotel... who is he?" I laid down the biggest question that's been tied to my mind, finally, after getting past all the small stuff that couldn't have mattered as much as this.

      "Big guy at the top, huh? I was wondering when you'd ask." He nodded to his conjoined mate, their pairs of orange eyes going to eerily gaze at me through the dim room. They've taken their turn, my go coming back through the cycle already. I kept myself locked on those sights and picked up another playing stone from the full bowl in front of me.

     There's no telling how long I can keep this up, playing their game, preventing something only for so long. I'm waiting on a saving grace, or maybe hoping. I'm not promised a way out of this, the guarantee of help isn't anywhere here. All I can do is have faith in my comrade... wherever he is.

     Dammit, Kyojuro, please get here soon... if you can even find me in time.

.