Chapter 48:Her wishes

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
Could anyone possibly tell me how hard this is, and it not seem as though I'm crazy? I know that I'm no such person, but I still think so, no matter how many times I may go up and down, it's just a way to distract myself from all that has occurred, in such a short span, too.

That strange cloud demon and the family she talked about,

What happened with her harp,

The mysterious hooded man...

I went up once more with a quiet grunt and clench of my teeth, my veins worked up and prominent all against my forearm. There's sweat dripping down the side of my jawline, finishing its long journey at the dirt from its starting place on my neck. Below me is a little wet spot where its destination has stayed persistent, less prominent than the usual stain.

Who is that hooded slayer, is what I'm trying to figure out to this day, doesn't matter how much time it's been since then. I could loom through the records all I want if I had the time, but I know it would lead me absolutely nowhere without a last name. I'm sure he knows that, too.

Even with all those files in my possession, it wouldn't tell me why he hates (y,n) so much that he feels the need to terminate me. If it's so bad that he may even be plotting her downfall at the same time... I might just have a reason to get a little more protective over the case. To know what happened among those two, wanting her and anyone who interacts with her dead, it's almost a must when it put my life on the line too. A soul nearly taken for the woman that my whole world seems to revolve around, nowadays...

Breaths bead and lick down from me and off at the leap from my chin with interval, every tremor from my form. It all goes, just as that dew did after the battle against Zumi, dancing away like the drops were in fact stars falling from the sky.

Her gaze on me from the night before

The air among her family and the spot she couldn't fit into

That picture.

Why was that the only painting covered, the only picture in that room that's left confidential from all eyes? It couldn't have been a bad painting, not with all the other masterpieces inside of there that she even confirmed were his best works. She knew what was under there and definitely didn't want me seeing it, so what was it?? If I'm ever allowed back there, will I be shown? Or is it a matter of taking things into my own hands?

-..

I stopped the movement of my arm for a second with a deeper gasp for air, the next, being especially glutinous. My hair stays hung off from me, swaying as I bring my body back up to the top. Just started to feel that usual exhaustion, I don't normally go for this long...

"You're finally taking a break, huh? I thought it'd be at 2000..."

"What can I say? I found a little something of a good distraction this time!" I said breathlessly to my sibling the best way possible without hurting myself from the angle, it'd be impossible to look at him all the way. I'd have to break my neck completely to gaze at him from where he's sitting on my back, shadow connected with my own and that book he has with him.

Once a week is all it takes to maintain my common strength for sword wielding. 3000 push ups... for each arm, right after having done 6000 with both. Think it's torture? Would you say the same when hearing that I added the extra 125 pounds of my brother's weight on top? By then, people think I'm doing it for the pleasure of the pain! ...Some days, I feel like I do.