Chapter 17:Bloody letter

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
Four Hashira, and a kindhearted master. A room, so silent and dark, circled around the loudest thing in front of us. A scroll. Paper can't talk, obviously, but if this one could, by golly, would it shake the walls with the story it holds. Even without being opened yet, it's already so vocal... freckled with maroon and deep red; the fluid of life and death itself. Blood. Such a presentation would make anyone question how that 'special ink' got there.

Tengen, Muichiro, (y,n), me, and of course, the man that called us up here in the first place, Master Ubuyashiki; that's all who's in here. I didn't expect for many people to show, all the other Pillars are already off on their own missions. The people who did come today are all rowed up in a line, sitting before the bloodied letter that was brought out

I assume that message is the reason why we were called here at all...

Circling his finger around the rim of his tea- jasmine, by the smell of it-, our leader sighed with a grim, solemn air. It's a rarity to feel this presence from him, or to even see him without his calming face on display. "I humbly apologize to you all for this disruption of your day, still, I'm grateful you've shown up. This is a time when we need as much of your help we can get."

"Master Ubuyashiki, may I ask, what's this emergency you sent out about?" I asked the man respectfully as my eyes scanned over the paper sitting between us- it's me who utters the question everyone else seems to wanna ask too. With that initiation, the sickly individual peeled his gentle-mannered hands away from his cup to open the stained scroll, smoothing out the wrinkles to make it more legible.

"Just an hour ago, a crow came by with the very letter you see before you. It was sent from the manager directing the Third Sector of our Archives."

"-Arakimi? Rishima Arakimi?" (y,n) asked not a second sooner after Master Ubuyashiki told us the sender, and she raised her head from the direction of her lap as those (e,c) orbs of hers were struck with appalment. Her voice almost sounded... taken aback to hear that title, maybe worried, but there's no telling of what's going on in that intonation.

"Arakimi...?" The Mist Pillar repeated that name to himself in a cloudy trance. He probably doesn't remember her whatsoever... I sometimes forget that he gets Gyomei to fill out those casualty documents since he can't retain information for long enough.

"The person we send in reports to when we find slayers dead. She records the necessary analytics of the deceased's demise." Tengen commented while twirling his diamond strands through his fingers. The manager of the Archive's third Sector... (y,n) and I just sent in a letter to her barely over a week ago. What do we get in return, after eight days of normality? A bloody message worth calling up the assistance of every Hashira available.

I pray she's alright, she's a very sweet person.

"Yes, she's the one who this came from. I myself have already been read the message, though it's best for you all to see it as well if it means understanding what we're dealing with here." The black-haired man paused and pushed the letter closer to us, a silent agreement for us to look through the paper too.

Being the closest one to the scroll, (y,n) took the message into her hands, holding it up for all of us to see. Her eyes scanned up and down for a moment, and afterwards, she cleared her throat to read the message.

"Coming from the manager to the Archive's Third Sector, this is Rishima Arakimi, pleading for help! I'm in grave danger! Please send help immediately, help from a Hashira, any Hashira!! I don't know how much more time I have, but please, I need help!!! I beg of you, don't let me die here..."