Chapter 46:Books

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
     Is it possible for someone to feel so invited, but absolutely unwanted at the same time- - at a place, desperately trying to keep you in as it is pulling you out in unison? Would you be able to bear the confusion when it's reached the point that you're almost being torn apart?

     It's not like I have any intentions of leaving, letting this tugging match beat me, I made it a point to navigate my way back here after accepting the offer from (y,n)'s father! ... Though, the hole being burned into my head, hollowing out to the other side could surely get many others to make a dash for the nearest exit. No matter the gaping spot in the left side of my temples, I won't leave my seat.

     She'd probably fancy that, though.

     Drinking the beverage that (c,n) gifted me gets but a fraction of my mind off the tense air that only I can seem to recognize, practically dripping out from the hole that's burnt through me. (f,n)'s daughter hasn't even touched her drink yet, letting it grow cold with her back neglectfully turned to it. She stares out the open door in the commons room- looks like she's waiting for a moment to retreat.

     She didn't seem very welcome to the idea of having my  attendance... I almost got my fingers smashed in the doorway when she shut it at just a glimpse of my face. Tough crowd, huh?

     "-We're so delighted to have you over, Kyojuro! You can't imagine how bright my day is now, just to have you here!"

     "Glad to be a guest of yours, I was so shocked when you noticed me at the market earlier!" The man... he scared me half out of my sandals when he practically appeared out of thin air, asking me to pay a visit for the afternoon. I don't know if it's a (l,n) thing or not to sneak around so effortlessly, but my comrade sure did pick up on the trait, that's for sure...

     "He's been talking about you non-stop! You should've heard him after you left, those weeks ago!" The Ice Hashira's cousin beamed to me on her side of the Kotatsu table. She's all dolled up this time, makeup and hair on point to match with that fancy kimono of hers. It's like seeing (y,n) dressed up, but... not, if that makes sense.

     (c,n)'s got that personality to her that just can't be explained. I'd argue the the women look somewhat similar to one another, if not for that outcast, the differences of the auras I've come accustomed to. You'd think I'd be indifferent to those meticulous diversities when they already look like sisters, but I can't shake my mind's volition.

     She watched her uncle with a keen eyes while he went for the dish of Senbei at the center of the group, empty, now that most of us have eaten our share. "Would you look at that, we're already out! I best go make some more, I'll be quick!" Mr.(l,n) shot up to his feet when seeing the predicament, only his voice remaining in his place as he left the room in his haste.

     The dressier woman of the family sighed to herself at his swift departure, standing up herself. "I better watch him this time, he almost forgot the rice in the oven earlier." She shook her head while resting a bang behind her ear, confidently dropping her smile onto her cousin. 

     "Don't bore our guest here, (y,n)."

     "... Thanks for being so considerate." The Slayer stewed at that comment, back still facing her family member. Her posture slouched over the longer the words seemed to sink into her skin. She seems miserable, having to let them burrow inside her.

     "Oh, I'm sure she'll give me good company!" I tried to lighten the blow, exchanging a perky smile with her. ... The hole in my head, it turned into a full severing of my skull. Makes sense, when my comment put a crater in (y,n), as well.