ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER

King's Landing 300 AC.

Dany.

She, they, were married, they were as one and though most of the day now seemed almost like a blur to her, she found she cared not. Tomorrow she'd remember it all more clearly, for tonight she'd simply enjoy the fact she was now a married woman. Looking out on all those who were dancing, speaking, and having fun, she found she wished to be here and yet not at the same time. Aurane and her had danced alone together for the first dance and then she'd danced with Jae while Margaery had danced with Aurane.

Her nephew had teased her, complimented her and somehow made their own dance together go far more quickly than it should have, something she was most grateful for. He'd told her that he couldn't stay, that he had to leave, and that Ellagon would be coming with him. Margaery would give her the details when she wished them he'd said and so she'd nodded and accepted it, wondering if it was more she was thinking of her husband than that she had no reason to question what it was Jae was up to.

After he'd left she'd noticed the change in Margaery's mood and had felt bad that her own was so good. It had made her think of all the times that Jae had to leave because he had things to do, all the times he'd had to leave his wife alone and it brought up some worrying thoughts. Aurane noticed her distress and soon enough she was back thinking on thoughts that were anything but worrying, Dany realizing that the time was almost coming for them to be heading to their bed. It made her both nervous and excited too, the thoughts of them laying together were ones that she'd had more than once, especially the closer it got to the wedding. For now though she sat at the High Table, his hand in hers as they spoke to those around them, Dany barely listening and hoping she wasn't being impolite.

"You both make such a beautiful couple, princess."

"It was truly a wonderful day, long will it be remembered."

"I expect you're like I was on mine own wedding day, thinking of the night to come, my princess".

Who'd said what was unknown to her, Dany finding the voices almost mingling into one. Lords and ladies would come to the High Table to leave them gifts or to exchange pleasantries and Dany would repeat almost the same phrases over and over. It was only when her aunt was standing in front of her and she answered her with one of her stock answers that Dany even noticed it. Shiera looking at her before breaking out in laughter and Dany finding herself shaking her head and apologizing.

"Forgive me, Aunt." she said embarrassed.

"There is nothing to forgive, niece. It warms my heart to see you so happy." Shiera said smiling at her.

"I am aunt, truly I am." she said and Shiera looked to Aurane who was speaking to one of the Lords that Dany didn't know.

"As is your husband, niece." Shiera said and Dany smiled at that, seeing it in Aurane's eyes that he was "You should move around the room, niece, make ready to say your goodbyes to those present by first doing so to those you wish to."

"I.." she said looking to Aurane and feeling him squeeze her hand, her husband letting her know he'd heard what Shiera had said and agreed with her. "You're right, join me, aunt?"

"I'd be delighted to."

Dany leaned in and kissed her husband's cheek before rising to take Shiera's arm, her aunt telling her once again how truly happy she was for her and her words warming her heart even more than it already was. She looked to Margaery and gave her a small nod and then began to move around the room, stopping to talk to those she wished to and to those who moved her way.

Her first stop was the table with most of the children, Dany finding herself laughing when Arya, Lyanna Mormont, and Joy told her how much they'd enjoyed the day and when the two northern girls asked her why she'd gotten married. Her explanation did not go down well with either of them, both saying they'd never marry and Joy saying one day if they found the right man they may not wish to live up to those words.