BE MERCIFUL

King's Landing 298 AC.

Jaehaerys Targaryen.

As he struggled into his armor he could feel his wife's eyes on his and he had no need to turn around to know how angry she was. Jae wished he could say the words to calm that anger but for now, he could not. Rhaenix had already begun to fly and would be landing in the Dragonpit and Jae would be going to her as soon as he was finished dressing, nothing, not even his wife's anger would stop him. Soon enough he'd be flying to deal with Euron Greyjoy, the Iron Born, and this so-called Dragonbinder horn but now he needed to fly and calm his mind.

Normally he'd spar, him and Jaime, him and Loras or Arthur, he'd spar and speak the thoughts that filled his head and a sense of calm would prevail. Since that was still not something he could do right now or at least not with any semblance of strength or skill, he needed to fly. To add to how desperate he was to be in the air, Rhaenix's anger at the audacity of any man to dare claim that he would take her from him was fuelling his own need to be with her. Jae finding that not even speaking to her through their bond was having an effect. She wished to be with him and he with her and nothing or no one would stop him from doing so.

"You can't leave." Margaery said as Jae almost finished with his armor.

"I have to." he said not turning around.

"So what, you're just going to fly off and try to find the Iron Fleet, you can't, Jae, you need to think about what you're doing. We need to speak to the council and come up with a plan of attack." Margaery said and Jae stopped dressing and turned, realizing that in his eagerness t be with Rhaenix he'd not explained what he was about to do.

He put the helm down on the chair nearest him and limped over, the cane sitting long abandoned in the other room. The closer he got to her the more he could see that as angry as she was with him, the worry for him was what was truly driving her. When he reached her, he placed his hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes, seeing the concern and also the determination that lay within them. Was it another time he'd perhaps have smiled but he felt that wouldn't help things right now.

"I'm not going after Euron, Marge. I need to fly, to be with Rhaenix and she needs to be with me. She felt it, heard it, what Victarion said about Euron's plans, I need to be with her." he said hoping his words made it through to his wife.

"You swear to me that's all you're doing, Jae, swear to me that you're not flying off to attack the Iron Born with no plan." she said looking deep into his eyes.

"I swear it, I'm going to fly and I'll be back as soon as I can. We'll meet with the council and come up with a plan. I won't do anything before then, I promise." he said as she moved in closer to him.

After holding his wife for a few moments and getting the decidedly uncomfortable feeling that he in fact hadn't really resolved anything, he turned, grabbed his helm and his sword, and walked from the room. Outside, Jaime, Arthur, and Barristan waited and when he told them he was heading to the Dragonpit the arguments began once more. Jae stopping them in their tracks and ordering Jaime to arrange a small council meeting to be held on his return. Arthur and Barristan followed him from his room and he looked back to see his wife and Jaime were locked in an intense discussion.

As he walked through the Red Keep he felt Ghost running his way and he told him to go to Margaery, the wolf doing so reluctantly. While he knew it was out of concern for him and what he'd gone through and that he wasn't back to himself physically yet, he was frustrated by their concerns too. They knew him or should know him well enough to know he wasn't reckless for the sake of it. There were things he didn't understand, he doubted anyone did but they needed to give him the freedom to see them done and to trust that he would do so. It seemed they allowed their worries to become doubts and so he resolved to speak on things upon his return. For now, he walked from the Red Keep and was happy to see that Tommen had already saddled Winter.