Chapter 66 - A Night to Remember

Alexa's POV:

"Whatever it is Glim, I won't let innocent people die because of me. I promise I won't fight you. Do what you need to do." 

I felt Glimmer peer out of my eyes and look at Shadow. The flames continued burning behind him, casing golden light around his silhouette.

Glimmers deep voice emerged from my throat. "I'm sorry Shadow, I need Zander for a minute." Before we finished speaking Shadow had already began his transformation. His trust in us was heartwarming. Zander's eyes held curiosity as our hands went up to hold each side of his face. "Sorry Zander, I know this is not how you pictured this." 

Glimmers voice held both worry and excitement. I felt my gums tingle as my canines emerged. I could hear Zander's breath hitch and his heart rate spike, but knew it wasn't out of fear. His eyes turned black as he turned his head allowing us more space. He didn't fight it, in fact he welcomed it. Glimmer didn't waste time as our right hand moved towards his hair pulling his head more to the side as our left hand rested on his shoulder. Our sharp teeth plunged deep into the area between Zander's neck and shoulder before anyone else could react. The feeling was satisfying and the taste of his blood was sweeter than I expected.

A moan escaped Zander's lips. My teeth retracted and I lapped up the remaining blood with my tongue, to help heal the wound. My body responded to his moan as the smell of my arousal filled the air. There wasn't anytime for that now, but I couldn't exactly control it.

Ash's angry shouts brought us back to the present as he tackled Zander to the ground. He was angry because I wouldn't be able to ever mark him. Not unless Zander dies and I happened to survive.

Zander rolled and flipped positions. A smirk gracing his face. I could feel his emotions barrel into me as if they were my own. I felt his trust, desire and his love fill my heart. Wait.. since when did he love me? It was enough to take my breath away. 

"We can tap into Zander's power now, but we need to make it quick before he loses consciousness. We are stronger than he is, so his going to feel it soon." Glimmer said giving me back full control. 

I had an idea but I wasn't sure if it would work. I looked at Allison and Drake feeling their fear before I spoke to the vampires surrounding them all. "I do not wish to be your enemy. If you value your life's go back and join Crim's coven. Those who choose to stay, there will be no other chances. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Around ten of the thirty vampires retreated quietly not wanting to be a part of this anymore. No one in the inner circle was part of that number, or I would have opened a space for them to pass through.

Something was telling me to focus on 'light' rather than 'flame.' My skin began to glow. My body felt weightless as it rose into the air. The gentle breeze whipped my hair around as a powerful vibration of magic blasted out from my skin in visible waves. It looked like an atomic bomb going off. Dazzling white light, sent rays into the mirrored disco balls causing light to bounce around.

The light that happened to hit vampires turned them instantly into ash.

My body drifted towards the cage made of flames, still surrounded by blinding white light. I passed through it without feeling anything at all. I watched in amusement as each vampire moved away from me with no where to run. I stood directly in front of the vampire who held Allison and watched his fearful eyes widen as I approached him.

"I gave you a chance to save yourself and instead you stand here clutching your filthy nails into a little girls neck. I will ask you one time to gently remove her from your grasp and in return I will not shoot deadly light your way. You will not get another chance."