Chapter 114 - Uncertain Times

*TRIGGER WARNING - VIOLENCE*

Max's POV:

I knew I felt something weird happen when the Luna's tear fell onto me at the training field the other day. I felt all warm and fuzzy as a warm tingle spread along my skin. I realised Zander must have seen something too by the look of confusion on his face, but we both shrugged it off.

"I don't know what you did kid, but there are more of us now." Nex said pointing to the other five vampires that appeared behind us. I was no genius but seven vampires against the three of us and Ben who just woke up, wasn't good odds.

"Do we have a problem here?" Came a voice behind the five vampires.

They all turned and I saw Abe, the Luna's brother standing next to a lady. I had seen a photo of him in Alexa's room, Abe had some similar features to Alexa but her silver hair and glowing eyes made them a little hard to notice.

He had a glowing gold rope wrapped up his right arm and a confidence about him that made me feel safe. Something was telling me we would be okay.

I casually walked over to Ben and held his hand. He had a look of confusion on his face. It must have been because of the carefree look I had on my face. He as well as the five vampires had missed what just happened. I knew Ben meant a lot to Ella so I wanted to protect him.

One of the five vampires appeared in front of us. "Stay away from him!" Ben growled protectively. I didn't realise I meant that much to him. That was saying something since I knew how scared of vampires he was. He almost peed his pants in front of Jet earlier at the cabin.

"Did you just growl?" I asked him, but he was too focused on the vampire in front of us to answer.

"I could tear out your main artery before you even see me move." The man said with a smile. Just as Nex went to warn him away from touching me, my hand came up from behind Ben and touched the vampire who was standing too close. Before anyone could see what had happened I pulled my hand back making it look like Ben had done it.

"What the?!" Said the other four vampires. Ben's eyes had widened in shock but his expression was quickly replaced with a confident smirk. He stretched his back and stood taller before speaking. He believed he had somehow done something. I held back my laugh, but only just.

"That's right, any of you want to mess with my son, you'll have to go through me first!" Ben said with another growl. He was more human than wolf, how can he be growling? Wait, did he say son? I noticed the look of adoration and tears in Ella's eyes looking at the way Ben protected me.

Before I could think or say anything, Ben picked me up. My small legs struggled wrapping around his body as he walked me back towards Ella.

"You guys go ahead and take Lucy with you, I've got this from here! Abe said as the gold rope began to unravel from his arms and hang down towards the ground.

"Cool." I whispered before being dragged away by Ben and Ella.

"I'll stay and help." Jet yelled out before turning to focus on the vampires that began to charge forward. I could tell he was avoiding the safe house at all costs.

Abe did a double look realising Jet was a vampire on our side. "Don't worry I'm here following direct orders from Crim and Alexa." Jet said, earning a nod from Abe. They stood beside each other as all hell broke loose.

Ella, Ben, a lady named Lucy and I, headed through some secret passage that was hidden by pretty vines.

Once we made it to another dark passage way, Ella stopped abruptly. She stuck her finger on a small pin and did a eye scan using a small and almost unnoticeable machine.