Chapter 82 - The Power Of Light

**WARNING - Hot and steamy content**

Alexa's POV:

"Congratulations Alessia." Zander took the words right out of my mouth. "I know you will make a great Queen, just don't forget you're also one of us and welcome anytime. I also have quite a few pack issues to sort out and am a bit behind schedule thanks to my unpredictable nap last night, Jax would you mind helping Alexa with her training? I need to teach Ed a few last minute things to help run the pack in case one or both of us doesn't-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." The Alpha command that came out of my mouth had everyone holding their breath. Even though I knew it wouldn't affect Zander, it came out instinctively. I felt his turmoil and doubt through the bond and knew he was referring to not making it through the upcoming battle.

"Please Zander, we all know we must be prepared and that a lot can go wrong, but there are also some things we don't need to say out loud. Also, no matter what happens I will do everything I can to protect each and everyone of you, and our pack members. Even if that means risking my own life. There is no room for doubt, I just want to see hope and determination on everyone's faces. We are not just doing this for us and our pack, but to save the world and the future we want our kids to grow up in." As I stood from my chair I looked at Jax and moved my head into the direction of the back door before excusing myself.

As the cool fresh forest air blew away the thick tension and a few strands of hair from my face, I felt the bond tug and an overwhelming feeling of pride and love blast into me. A near silent "thank you darling" was whispered in my mind before the connection broke. 

"You really are a perfect match for my brother. You both have one thing in common. Your desire to protect everyone always comes first above your own needs and wants. I am proud to call you my Luna." Jax words were warming. We had come a long way since the first time we met.

"I think you're trying to suck up to me so I don't grow a tree from under you, leaving you stranded high in the cold air all night. Hmm or maybe I could grow a bunch of trees around you like a cage-"

"Hahaha.. that's if you can show me that kind of control. From what you were saying earlier, I'd be lucky if you didn't grow a small flower under my boot. Poor thing will be doomed from the start." Jax snorted walking ahead of me.

He stopped on the left side of the garden in front of a tall, large steel gate that surrounded the property. Well, every part besides the back of the garden which was where the thick dense forest began. 

Jax spent the first hour teasing and trying to anger me. He would ask me to grow a shrub and laugh when my face would contort in frustration or anger. He kept probing, I assumed it was to find my trigger. I knew one thing for sure, it wasn't anger. 

"Haha.. I can practically see the smoke coming off your body. Did I push one too many buttons Alexa?" Jax spent the last few minutes saying how puny and ugly my wolf must be to want to stay invisible all the time. Even though he had already seen it when I battled Rachel, he said it was another illusion. "Of course Zander would say your wolf is beautiful. He's your mate!" Jax said mockingly.

"Say one more thing about Glim and I'll shoot a fireball so hot at your head, you'll be unable to scream as your lips melt and fuse shut."

"Alright, alright! Geez you would think you could take a joke. Don't worry I get it, it's hard when you look like one!" His grin and the twinkle in his eyes told me how much he was enjoying this, which is why I felt zero guilt whatsoever when I gradually made the gold ring on his finger warm up. 

I pulled out my phone and hit record earning a puzzled yet cautious look from Jax. As the metal went from warm to sizzling he smelt the burn of his skin before he felt the pain.