Chapter 120 - Epilogue

Alexa's POV:

The rest of the night was spent disposing of all the rogue bodies. Zander, Abe, Ed and a few of Crim's men had separated our warriors and vampires from the others. They burned the bodies that didn't belong to our packs or Crim's coven allowing the stench of death to be carried away by the breeze.

"We lost a lot of Men and woman here today." Zander and Crim stood towards the front of the clearing addressing what remained of our packs.

Abe, Ed and Jet stood to the side as Alessia, Ella and I sat down on the grass unable to stand any longer.

"Each and every one of them will be honoured and remembered for their sacrifice. We will place a shrine here in this clearing to forever remember not what we have lost, but what we have overcome together as one. Wolves, vampires and witches working together in a fight to protect not just those we love, but the world."

Applause filled the large clearing. Despite the exhaustion on everyone faces and the horrors we had survived, there was a pride and determined look in everyone eyes.

"My men and I will assist anyway we can." Crim turned towards Zander holding out a hand.

"Thank you and your men for your bravery and for fighting by our sides. Our alliance will be strong. If you ever need us, all you need to do is ask." Zander said with a smile.

When we made it back to our rooms all I wanted to do was crash into our bed. Unfortunately we had to clean the horrid stench of death from our skin and hair.

Zander supported my swaying body, helping me to wash up. There was no sexual hunger in our eyes tonight, only a relief that we were still alive. The horrors we had survived would no doubt plague our dreams for a long while, however as long as we woke to each other I knew we would get through it all.

Two months later.

Over the last few months the pack had slowly been rebuilding and healing. We had buried our loved ones, and created a shrine honouring those who gave their lives. A special tribute to Victor and Felix for saving their Luna and future Alpha, was also engraved in beautiful intricate details on the base of the statue. The statue was of the moon goddess, exactly how I remembered her. I may have used magic to help bring it to life and make it look real though unmoving.

Zander and I knew it wasn't the end of our challenges, and that Margo from the witch council would hold true to his word and avenge Blaze one day. We had been through enough for a while and decided to worry about that when the time came.

Ben had finally moved into the pack with his mother who took the news of our species much better than what we thought she would. She lives in a little cottage five minutes away from the mansion, while Ben had moved in with Ella and Max.

Ben and Ella had officially adopted Max, and they were in the process of building their own home with the help of Zander, Ed and a few pack members.

I made a conscious effort to visit Vivian regularly, who was still struggling with the death of her mate. Lucy had decided she needed the company and offered to move in with Vivian if she would have her. I could tell Vivian enjoyed the witches company, and her distractions from her grief.

"Hi mum." I said as I opened the door. It took me a solid month to be able to call Vivian mum without a lump forming in my throat at the memory of my own mother, but now I couldn't imagine calling her anything else. She was a second mum to me. Always so kind and supportive, and would make an incredible grandmother to our little girl.

"Oh Alexa, come join us for some tea. Lucy has just finished a batch of her warm chocolate cookies too." Mum said smiling at me as I took a seat. I noticed her red scarf and smiled. She rarely left it out of sight, always wearing it or placing it within sniffing distance. Over the time Mike had used it, it began taking on his scent so had a calming effect on her, as it did for him in the past.