Chapter 1: Trying to start a new life. (And failing)

Excerpt from Percy's journal:

I genuinely don't know what happened. One day, a new camper came to camp and challenged me to a sparring match.

I beat him easily, and then he was claimed by Zeus. His name is Jonathan, and he got mad when I didn't bow.

For months after that, people started to get mad at me and hate me. Apparently, I burned part of the forest down, destroyed the Demeter garden, swapped the Aphrodite and Athena gear around, said that the minor gods were useless, spoiled a Hermes prank, replaced the Ares campers weapons with Nerf versions, destroyed Automatons created by the Hephaustus cabin, and destroyed all of the bandages the Apollo kids owned.

A month after Jonathan came to camp, I had had multiple people slap me and yell at me.

Two months after, Annabeth had cheated and broke up with me. Something about how 'Jonathan is there for me when I need it,' I didn't listen. I was too grief-stricken.

Three months in, and I can't go outside without being attacked. Chiron has tried to stop the campers, but he can't.

So I decided to leave. I left camp half-blood and started my trek to camp Jupiter.

It went well for the most part until I got to the Caldecott tunnel. I was denied entrance and was told that I was never allowed back in.

I went back to camp half-blood, trying to figure out why I was denied entrance to camp Jupiter, until I learned that the campers at both camps thought I was a traitor.

They thought that I had helped the Giants rise, along with the Titans, and then 'saved' everyone for the glory. The thought this because of dreams they had, along with Jonathan lying.

When I got back to camp half-blood, I was beaten. I didn't fight back because they would just use the act against me.

At the end of the day, I had fallen asleep, crying, wondering what I did to deserve everything happening.

About 4 months after Jonathan came to camp, Hermes knocked on my cabin door. He handed me Mom and Paul's wedding rings, a ukulele that Paul had bought for me, and a picture of me, Paul, Sally, and Estelle.

When I asked why he gave me this stuff, he told me that Mom's apartment had burnt down with those three still inside of it.

I didn't leave my cabin except for lunch after that. Nico visited a few times along with Will, but they weren't able to cheer me up.

I practiced the Ukulele a lot and got really good, to the point where Apollo had to actively keep himself from popping by to listen to my music.

About 5 months after Jonathan came to camp, the Hunters arrived. He tried to flirt with them and was beaten. I laughed for the first time in months, watching him beg for forgiveness and grovel, hoping not to be turned into a stag.

They stuck around for a couple of weeks, and I got an idea. Before they left, I walked up to the Artemis cabin and knocked.

Pheobe opened the door and snarled, asking why a male was knocking on the door. I politely responded, saying that I would like to speak to Lady Artemis.

She looked confused but opened the door to let me in after Thalia demanded she do. Thalia gave me a hug, and I smiled and hugged her back. I didn't have many people left, but she was definitely one of them.

I walked through the cabin and eventually found Artemis. We talked, and I asked her of my request, and she agreed on some conditions. I took an oath and walked out of the cabin, happy that I would soon be starting a new life.

When the Hunters left, I left with them. Hermes had gifted me a tent like the Hunters, only it was grey and gold, not silver.

The Hunters didn't like me, but I was fine with that. I did the chores, cooked good food for them, and helped them fight monsters.

Weeks into traveling with the Hunters, most had accepted me into the Hunt. Many were a bit uncomfortable around me, but only Pheobe truly didn't accept me.

Pranks were constantly being pulled on me, but I was fine with them. The only thing I wasn't fine with was Pheobe's insults. She constantly belittled me, which I expected, but what's worse is that she blamed me for Zoe and Bianca's death. That I couldn't stand.

Even to this day, even where I am right now and where I know they are, I still blame myself for their deaths.

So I called her out. Called her out on being unfair about how I had taken an oath to protect them with my life, if needed, and how I followed it. I told her how I had never even looked at a Hunter inappropriately, and needless to say, I never thought about them that way either.

She got mad at me for calling her out, and even more mad when Artemis defended me. The next day, at lunch, I smelled burning. I raced to my tent and saw it in flames, Pheobe standing over it triumphantly.

I fell to my knees, watching the tent burn down. The picture and ukulele were in there, gone by now. The final remnants of a good past were gone. I started to cry, and Pheobe noticed.

She laughed and taunted me. I stood up, defeated and sad. She quieted as she saw how I was looking at her. By now, the rest of the Hunters had caught up and had seen the tent burn down, and Pheobe's taunts.

I looked directly at Pheobe and cursed her. Until I forgave her, any shot fired with a bow will miss dreadfully, and anywhere she lives will have the faint smell of ash.

She paled, and I looked upon the Hunt. I knew I would be an outcast among them, but at least I would be able to save people, and I wouldn't be around those who ruined my life.

I kissed Thalia on the forehead and gave Artemis a hug before walking I to the forest, never to return.

I slept in trees for days, missing my tent, and wishing I still had my ukulele. One night, I had a dream. I was in a white void, floating, and there was a man in front of me.

He looked upon me with love and regret. I asked who he was, and he told me that he was Chaos, the creator of the universe, and that he had come to me with a choice.

He told me that I could stay on earth and secretly protect demigods and win wars for the gods, or I could come with him and leave earth.

I thought about it for a while, and eventually decided to go with him. I would be leaving some people behind, but I wasn't needed much by anyone. Nico, Thalia, and Chiron would be fine. So would She.

I jolted awake and fell out of the tree I was sleeping in. Chaos stood in front of me and laughed, holding out his hand. I took it and felt a pain in my back.

I turned around to see brown and orange feathery wings protruding from my back. I folded them, and they turned invisible.

Chaos patted my shoulder, and we teleported away. Away from earth. Away from the hell my life had become. And away from the few people who still loved me.

(A/N: I have come from the future to tell you readers that as janky as this first chapter seems, the writing gets much better as the story continues. I was still learning when I wrote this. Thank you for reading!)