Chapter 42: Snippets. (Goodbyes, at least for now.)

Percy woke up early, smiling at Artemis's sleeping form. He exited his room and went downstairs, sitting at the counter.

He grabbed an apple and started eating it while rolling a small ball in his hands.

His mind wandered. It was still dark outside, light just barely peaking over the horizon.

The couch was empty. Leo and Calypso, after being added as members, got their own room.

Leo's codename was Screwbolt, while Calypso's was Ogygia. Ironic.

Percy smiled as he thought about them. Their new powers would kick in soon. He could tell.

He had spoken with his father last night and had been informed of what abilities they would get.

Beckendorf was already the main builder, so Leo wouldn't get boosted mechanical abilities. No, he would gain massively increased control over fire, to the point where he would be able to teleport and turn into it.

Calypso, on the other hand, would have her magic and spell capability massively increased.

Percy's mind wandered to the day before. S'mores had been delicious. Just him and Artemis alone by a fire, cooking. He had missed it.

His cloak buzzed, and he took a small device out of it.

Oi, our mission's almost done. We'll be done on this boring planet soon enough - Pirate

Percy grinned at the message and put the device back into his cloak. The rest of his team would be here soon, thank goodness.

Achilles and Orpheus were moaning way too much about their spouses the night before.

Artemis walked down the stairs, stopping at the doorway and rubbing her eyes.

She yawned. "Percy?" She asked softly. "It's like, three, why are you awake?"

He shrugged, and his third eye locked onto her, turning a bright pink.

She slipped onto a stool beside him. "Anything you want to talk about?"

He shook his head and rested it on hers. "I already told you everything. If anything, I'm just worried about the most recent prophecy..."

Artemis nodded. "I understand. But don't worry."

She brought her face to his. "You aren't losing me anytime soon."

He chuckled. "I don't know what I would do without you."

She held his face in her hands, looking into his eyes. "You don't have to worry about that. I'm a goddess."

They rested their foreheads together for a while, enjoying the others' company.

Until Artemis grabbed the apple in Percy's hand and went back upstairs to continue sleeping.

He stared out the window for a long time, thinking about random things. Like the Argo II, or... Frank.

At about five, Achilles walked down the stairs, clutching his head.

"Fck, I'm hungover..." he muttered.

He froze as he saw Percy. "What was that? Did you drink last night?"

Achilles sighed. "Yeah. Sorry, but I was bored while you guys were fighting each other."

"So that's why you complained about Patroclus not being here so much last night," Percy said with a knowing smile.

"Nope," Achilles said. "I would've done that anyway."