Chapter 55: A fight with the son of Poseidon. (Tis but a scratch!)

He walked along the path, holding his young daughters hand. They slowly trotted to their favorite lake, with the fishing gear on his back.

When they reached it, she kicked her legs in the water while he set up the net.

"Daddy?" She asked.

He looked up. "Hm?"

She looked into his eyes. "I'm not a god, am I?"

He shook his head. "No. I'm sorry, but... you're not."

She looked back at the pond. "So I'll die one day?"

"Let's... not talk about that."

"Okay. But, can you promise me something?" She asked.

He nodded. "Anything."

"When I die, I want you to explore the world. Don't be restricted by grandma and grandpa."
----------------------------------------------------------
Percy summoned his trident and raised it, blocking Triton's strike.

Triton pulled away and then furiously drove forward, trying not to let Percy get a chance to attack. He jabbed and jabbed, forcing Percy to block each attack one after the other.

"Triton, come on!" Percy said. "You don't have to do this!"

In response, Triton changed the trajectory of his swing, passing by Percy's trident and barely missing his face. Percy quickly drove his own trident forward, only for Triton to block it with the horn he held on his belt. He shot backward, out of the way of a second jab from Percy. He began to spin, slowly gaining more and more momentum, until the ocean around him was a whirlpool. Percy hefted his trident and launched it at Triton before the suction could pick him up.

Triton dodged and smiled smugly at Percy, only for his smile to fall when he saw Percy's still outstretched hand. The trident came back and stabbed into Triton's arm, causing him to bellow in pain as it slowly twisted and ripped out of his flesh. Percy caught the trident, droplets of Ichor floating in the water behind it.

Triton looked at the massive wound on his arm and then back to Percy, shocked. He dropped his horn on the ground as his face twisted to that of rage, and he shot forward at an incredible speed, boosted by the cyclone of water and godly rage. His fist slammed into Percy, sending him flying through the water and down the mountain. When he finally slowed, Percy took a deep breath and let his trident turn back into a tattoo.

Triton appeared above him, trident raised, and pushed downwards with everything he had.
----------------------------------------------------------
Athena ran up to him. "Dad!"

He set down the seashell he was re-constructing and looked at her. "What is it, dear?"

Athena jumped up and down excitedly. "Can we go to Olympus?" 

He shook his head. "No. We can't, but you eventually will."

She stopped jumping, confused. "What? Why can't you guys come with me?"

He chuckled. "You're smart enough to figure it out."

She looked at the ground for a moment, thinking, and then she realized. She looked back up to him, sadness evident on her face. "Is it because you're Poseidon's son?"

Triton nodded. "Yes. Zeus would rather not have us on Olympus. There's a reason that my father only ever really interacts with him during the council meetings."