Chapter 26: Auras. (wtf Hemera)

Needless to say, Nyx was not having a good week. She had been stuck in her dead brothers mansion with an abusive ex, she was forced to create powerful creatures to harm innocents, and she was then stuck in a demigod camp where she could very easily tell that she was a ticking time bomb.

She could feel auras, and comparatively, the demigods were not ready for the war. Neither were they ready for a fully-powered primordial living in their vicinity for extended periods of time.

The only reason Percy could was because most of his extremely powerful aura was contained within Pandora's Pithos.

Auras are indicators of power. They usually depict the amount of damage someone could do, using all of their abilities. However... Auras are also radioactive.

The gods, for instance, have powerful Auras, but not enough to permanently affect demigods who visit Olympus.

Demigods also have Auras, as well as Humans, but only in rare cases can a demigods aura be on the level of any God.

Before their ascension or addition to Chaos's ranks, only Heracles, Dionysus, Percy, and, surprisingly, Ethan were powerful enough to have the aura of a god.

Ethan is a special case because he's a son of Nemesis. While she is the goddess of Revenge, she's also the goddess of balance. Should Ethan have survived, the prophecy of 7 would have shifted to 8. He is a scale tipper and a monster on the battlefield. The Fates crafted him manually, specifically to be powerful.

But the auras of primordials are on a completely different level. Primordials are fundamental aspects of nature or Earth itself. The weakest of them is likely Ourea, and yet, her aura dwarfs even the strongest gods.

The only beings that have more powerful Auras than Chaos (the strongest primordial) are the Fates and Ananke.

As well as 2 other beings, but they fluctuate and disappear constantly, like hidden beasts, scaring those who aren't meant to see them, and helping those who are.

But with all this said, Nyx knew she couldn't stay at the Demigod camp for suspended periods of time for their own safety.

It'd be like the demigods living next to Chernobyl.

So she went to see her sister!
‐-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nyx teleported away from the Chaos Cabin minutes before everyone woke up, wanting to visit Gaea early. She popped into existence at the outskirts of Los Angeles, eye twitching. She hated Los Angeles. There was too much light.

She walked about a mile away from the city and stood in front of a red cactus that only primordials could see. She put her hand on top of the cactus and let it rest on the many points before muttering under her breath.

She was sucked underground and appeared in a massive cave. Water fell from the ceiling, and glowing mushrooms gave off light. In the middle of the cave was a small house. She walked inside.

"Gaea!" She called, bending down to take off her shoes. "I'm here to visit! Where are you?"

A voice that wasn't Gaea's called out, "Oh, Nyx daRling, it's just LOVEly to see you again!"

Nyx froze in her tracks and then shut her eyes, dismayed and annoyed.

She finished taking off her shoes and walked into the kitchen, seeing Gaea and Hemera sitting at a round table, drinking tea.

Gaea gave Nyx an apologetic smile.

"Come come, sit down," She said. "Would you like some tea?"

Nyx nodded and sat down in a way where she could speak to both of them. Like a triangle. Gaea snapped her fingers, and a small jumble of rocks rose from the ground, tea balanced on top.