Chapter 30. He can do WHAT? (Ouranus and Pontus)

Excerpt from Percy's journal:

I think I just made the biggest mistake of my life. I seriously fu(ked up.

So... after the ship blew up and only Luke and I survived, Chaos decided to link each member of my team directly to me, so they can't... die without my consent? I don't know how to explain it.

But he apparently forgot to mention that it lets me... control them?

So, Me, Luke, Ethan, and Zoe were on a mission, and I ended up getting knocked out. We were on a massive asteroid about the size of a planet.

So I get knocked out, and apparently, as Zoe told me, my body just starts to float off the asteroid, while black wisps just leach out from it.

And then, suddenly, I am looking through a pair of eyes again. At first, I thought it was mine, but then Luke started yelling in my head. Or, the head I was in.

I took his body over. I piloted it like a puppet, and now that we're back from the mission, no one is talking to me.

What the hell do I do? How do I fix this? Sometimes, I wish I hadn't left Earth. At least then, I would probably still be with Her.
----------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Percy's journal:

I'm finally writing about Ouranus. Yay.

So, Ouranus is the primordial of the Sky, Zoe's patron, overseer of the stars, and head of the biggest space corporation ever.

Me and him used to be close. When I first became a primordial, he was one of my closest friends. I would give him Pop rocks every time I saw him, because he loves them the same way Gaea loves cookies.

We hunted beasts in the stars, we paraglided and skydived, and we made jokes with Zoe about stars that made others uncomfortable.

And we talked. A lot. I told him about the destruction of the picture of my family, and he helped Chaos reconstruct it.

He told me about his dream of starting a company, of making it so big that Gaea would notice him, and he could try to reconstruct their relationship, from whatever slim starting point the company brought him.

This was before I made the deal with Gaea, so I didn't yet know that he wouldn't have to do all that.

I helped him build his first device in Aethers' palace. It was somewhat simple, just a small ball that could expand into a coat, but he managed to get someone to mass produce it.

And he made... well, space has a different currency than Earth, but in human terms, he made billions of American dollars on that alone.

But something clicked, or maybe snapped, in his head. He made more and more things, destroying more and more planets for resources.

Want earbuds? Well, now they come pre-installed in a hat or a beanie! Or a firearm!

Want a workout bench? Now you can bring it with you as a pair of shin guards, or maybe a sword?

Want to protect your home? Buy the Home Defense Voice Automated Turret! It can protect your home, talk to you, and will listen to you!

Want to wage war? But the Plasmagun Orb™, it lets you send a giant, almost indestructible orb to a planet that will burn and devastate its targets.

Thousands of planets were ravaged. Either mined and chopped for resources or devastated by the aggressive products.

He's stuck now, tinkering up in his high office, alone, stuck with a multi-quadrillion dollar business, and no one to talk to because we can't reach him.

When Aether died, all he did was send a card to Hemera with a 63% discount on her next purchase from his company.

He's lucky she was having constant mental breakdowns, or else he would be standing in the ruined ashes of millennia long dream.

Gaea isn't happy with him. She hates people disrupting nature, and Ouranus is a pro at doing exactly that.

Unlike what he thought, his dream becoming real didn't come with the benefits he thought. Gaea refuses to contact him herself. He can no longer/refuses to talk with those whom he is/was close to, and he destroys almost everything his company touches.

We all miss him.

----------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Percy's journal:

So, because I decided to write about the primordials, Chaos told me to write about all of them, including those I don't have much contact with.

Like Pontus.

So, Pontus is really, really, really old. Not like Gaea or Nyx, not physically. (Although he is physically old.) I mean mentally.

He truly encapsulates the horrors of being immortal. The only upside of immortality for him is that those he's connected to won't die from old age, but...

Unlike the other primordials, his domains were taken over by Oceanus and Poseidon, so he was left to sit with nothing to do for millions of years.

Thankfully, he had his wife, Thalassa, to keep him going insane.

So instead of being insane, he just... feels really, really old. He's wise, he doesn't interact much with people other than Thalassa, but he's also really depressed.

I've only interacted with him like twice, and one of those times was just when Chaos had me train my water powers with him, and he was on the other side of a see-through obsidian wall.

At least, a metal close to obsidian.

I don't really know what else to say about him... I guess he...

Yeah, I don't know. I've interacted with most of my siblings and family, but there are a few, like Pontus, who I don't really know.

I do know from Thalassa that he has a weird obsession with Burger King and that when he ponders fading himself, his few subjects will try to buy him some if they can't get a hold of Thalassa.

I'm still trying to figure out my family's obsession with random foods.

Like, Gaea loves cookies, Pontus loves Burger King, Tartarus kills for Peeps (like what?) Nyx... isn't really obsessed with anything, but she adores cupcakes, Ouranus loves Pop Rocks, and Erebus likes Hersheys.

And somehow, there is more. I just haven't written about them yet, so I don't care.

Now I have to go on a so-called important mission to Glakoid. I don't think it'll take that long.
----------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from Percy's journal:

Ohmygod that took ten years.