Chapter 15: Old companions. (And Percy's niece.)

Percy POV:

I laugh at one of Leo's jokes as we exit the woods. He quickly speeds off to tell Calypso of the plan, and I start making my way to the stables.

I have some reunions I need to make. Unfortunately, right as I'm about to enter, I'm stopped by Hazel and Frank.

"Hey, uh, could we... talk to you?" Frank asked.

I tilt my head. "Why?"

Hazel looks down sadly. "We want to talk to you about Percy."

"No."

She snaps her head to look at me, along with Frank.

"Wh-what do you mean, no?" She asks.

I shrug. "Exactly what it sounds like. I have stuff to do, and I'm not particularly fond of many at this camp. That includes you."

She stutters, and I walk past her while Frank pulls her away sadly and walks with her towards her cabin.

I walk through the stables before stopping at a very familiar gate.

"Blackjack?" I call out after checking to make sure there wasn't anyone around.

The Black Pegasus trots forward, looking at me with distrust.

Look, I know you can't understand me, but I'm NOT LETTING ANYONE RIDE ME! He whinnes grumpily.

"Oh, but I can understand you," I say simply.

He looks at my mask, interest in his eyes.

A son of Poseidon, eh? You seem old... I'm still not letting you ride me. He whinnies.

I laugh and stroke his muzzle. He flaps his wings in contentness, and then I discreetly take off my mask, showing him my face.

BOSS?! He exclaims loudly.

I put the mask back on and nod.

"A lot of stuff happened, and you can learn about it later, because that's not what I'm here about," I say.

What are you here about? He asks, interested.

"Well, I currently have three Companions. They are special friends of mine, and because of some magic, they are with me always. They aren't human, and they protect me, help me, and keep me company. Along with being incredibly powerful."

What does this have to do with me? He asks warily.

"I was wondering if you would like to join them. If you do, I will have to do some magic on you, and you will be able to become an armor piece for me."

He looks at me, stunned, before whinnying loudly.

Of course I would, boss! That sounds awesome! Plus, Camp is boring without you.

I smile under my mask and raise my other hand, letting them both rest on his head.

I recite some enchantments, and he magically teleports onto my feet, as winged boots.

I can immediately tell that my other companions notice his presence. I smile at their initiation and explanations to who I am and what I do.

I walk out of the stables and head to the arena, only to be interrupted by Leo and Calypso.

Leo is a bouncing ball of energy and exclaims,

"She agreed! We're doing your plan!"

Calypso smiles and kisses him on the cheek, and I laugh happily.