Chapter 10: Duel. (Percy shows some power.)

Percy POV:

We arrive at the arena, and everyone takes their seats in the stands, other than me and Jonathan.

He draws his sword, waving it around lazily.

"You don't stand a chance, Y-know?" He says cockily.

I stare at him silently through my mask. "Whatever you believe, kid. What are the rules?"

He looks mad but responds. "Any weapon, no powers."

I grin under my mask. "What? Sad that your dad doesn't like you enough to grant you victory?"

His face reddens, but he manages to keep composure, somehow. "What about you?"

I tilt my head. "What about me?"

"I'm the best fighter in thousands of years, I could easily beat anyone in this camp. I could've killed Kronos, but you decided to hog all the glory."

I flick my hand and summon my scythe. Annoyed, I reply. "Are you always this arrogant?"

He glares. "Aren't you scared that you can't use any of the crappy magic you don't deserve?"

My team tenses up and looks at me.

"Repeat what you just said?"

"You heard me. I'm the best fighter ever, and you can't use magic. You must be scared."

"No, not that part. The part about me, ah, not deserving my powers?"

He snorts. "You obviously don't. I haven't seen you do anything so far other than use showboaty magic and other people."

I chuckle dangerously. "So you haven't been showing up to training?"

He shakes his head, getting tired of talking. "I'm the best swordsman ever. I don't need your crappy training!"

I don't respond. I just stare at him through my mask, silent and unmoving.

"What are you doing?"

I don't answer.

"Hey, answer me!"

I don't answer.

"HEY! ANSWER ME!"

I don't answer.

"ANSWER ME OR ELSE!"

I don't answer.

He roars in anger and charges with his sword. He swings at me only to have me suddenly move.

I grab his sword with my hand and toss it behind me, and then hook the back of his neck with my scythe as he tries to pull away.

"Listen here, and listen close," I say harshly, loud enough for everyone to hear. "You. Are. Nothing. At least compared to other demigods. If you really want to be the 'best fighter', come to training. I will happily teach you."

He growls. "You cheated."

"How?"

"No demigod could move that fast, or just grab a blade. You used magic! Crappy magic you didn't earn!"

I glare and turn my scythe back into a ring. "Listen closely. I have fought in many wars. I've watched countless people die. I was severely harmed by those I thought friends. 4 of my brothers, connected by blood or otherwise, died, sacrificing themselves so I could survive a mission. I went through literal hell. I killed Kronos single handedly. I gave up my life with the few people I had left to save others I didn't know. I will be leading you through this war and the upcoming battles. Respect me. Or else."