1.

I vacantly stare at my hotel room ceiling. I turn my head towards the clock that stood on the side table to see how early it is. With nothing to do but sit around and watch TV i quickly became bored.

I really like my hotel room. It's much better than I expected it to be, I had a queen's size bed and the most fluffy comforter. If it wasn't so warm I'd be under it right now. The dark hardwood floors looked great with the cream coloured walls. I was on the second floor so I had a great view of a bunch of buildings. Who needs a beach view when you could be staring at a bunch of brick walls.

I know the venue opens up for the staff and performers at about nine am. I had checked the schedule yesterday and saw that this week has thoroughly been planned out. Today's Tuesday so we'll all be bringing in our instruments and dropping them off. The staff will be setting up all the technical stuff and getting the venue ready for all the people coming in this weekend.

I'll be dropping by to help set up. I mean I have nothing else to do around here. I spent a large portion of the previous day just stuck in my hotel room watching TV. ''Why did I not go sight seeing?'' you may be asking yourself. Well I wasn't in the mood to walk around in 32°C weather.

I had a few hours to kill before I planned on heading out. I decided I should be productive and work on some of my songs. I got out of bed and grabbed my bag.

I got on my bed and crossed my legs before placing my notebook down on my lap. I opened it seeing the previous lyrics I had scribbled down.

***

I took a shower and got some breakfast at a small coffee shop just a few blocks away from the hotel. I'm actually arriving at the venue much later than I had planned on. Before I got there I had to make a quick stop. There was something I wanted to do.

I've been using the subway as my main source of transportation since getting here.

Stood in front of the building with a bag of pears in hand I take a deep breath before starting to walking.

***

The staff here was so nice to. They gave me a bunch of tasks to do, I've been moving tables out of storage and getting to know the poeple who work here better. A few of the artist's came in earlier, I guess I blended in with the staff because no one said anything to me.

It wasn't long until I heard a bunch of familiar voices approaching. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping to see them. I quickly hid behind the table I just finished setting up.

"What are you doing?" The old lady that's been keeping me company all morning asked.

"Sshh." I motion for her to be more quiet. I didn't want the boys noticing me.

She then tried leaning down. The last thing I needed was her going down on her already bad knees. I've been doing all her tasks for her this morning giving her a much needed break.

"No it's okay! Don't lean down." I said a bit louder so that she could hear me clearly.

I heard the boys muffled voices talking to the staff. It's a very kind and simple thing to do. It won't kill you to say hey. After a few minutes the boys finally walk away with guitar's in hand ahston obviously didn't have his whole drum set with him.

When I felt the coast was clear I sprinted for the door.

I tried keeping my steps quiet as I ran down the hallway. Before turning the corner I checked if I could hear them.

"Im not getting involved." Hearing Luke's voice made me smile.

When the door shut I made quick work of getting into my room and grabbed the clear bag of pears. I put the pears right in front of their door and placed a note on top of the bag. I quickly grab the biggest pear I could find and with all my strength I hurled it at their door and then bolted.

Halfway down the corridor I was already exhausted. Hearing their door open just encouraged me to make it around the corner quicker. After finally being safely hidden I took a few deep breaths. When it felt like my lungs weren't going to explode I walked down the familiar path to the main area.

Luke's pov

"I'm telling you guys! Tadpoles are baby turtles." Ashton whined again.

Ashton had been going on all morning about this little fact he read on Wikipedia. So far the only one who's challenged him on it was Michael. He has not yet made any progress on trying to change Ashton's mind.

Cal has clearly had enough of this never ending discussion because he started to chime in,"You guys think we'll see her to-"

A loud bang against our door had us turning in our seats.

"What the fuck was that noise?" Michael questioned swearing.

"Hey, no swearing!" Ashton was quick to comment on Michael's profanity. He had a tendency to take the dad role in the group.

I walked over to the door and opened it to find that no one was there. It didn't actually sound like a knock. What was that noise?

I spotted something green on the other side of the hallway and... a bag of pears with a note perched on top was right in front of our door. Ashton came over and picked up a pear.

"This is... strange?" Ashton raised and eyebrow looking back at cal and Michael.

"Did someone throw a pear at ou-"

"Someone most definitely threw a pear at our door." I thought out loud finishing Ashton's sentence.

I picked up the note and couldn't help but smile when I read it.

"what does the note say?" Ashton asked between the bites he took of the pear. Cal and Michael now stood beside me.

"Take a look boys." I raised the note high enough so that the writing was visible to everyone.