41

18 days before tour

I walked into the room seeing Maeve on the bed. She was on her phone scrolling down. I got a fun idea and walked over to her.

"Hey-" she said before I grabbed her phone and tossed it beside her.

"What are you doing?"

"Come with me Maeve. Every day could be like this. You and me. It'll be you and me Maeve all the time." I felt like I was trapping her, her small body under mine as her grip loosened on where she was holding me.

"Luke let's not do this now."

"Tours like two weeks away Maeve! Now is the perfect time." Now was definitely not the perfect time but I don't know if I'd be able to work up the courage and ask again.

"Luke I've told you how I felt. I can't go but we'll talk everyday," I moved away from her perching myself on my knees as she was between my legs, "We'll call and text and and.... we'll do everything we can!"

I got off of her walking and shaking my head. Fuck these horrible thoughts were entering my head again. I can't be thinking them right now.

"Luke don't walk away."

Heading for the door I didn't turn back at her. I couldn't look at her or I'd say something stupid that would hurt her.

"Luke."

I could see it perfectly. We'd be a few month's in and Maeve will have gotten over me. I wouldn't have of course because I fucking lover her.

"Luke!"

"Luke let's talk. Luke wait!" I practically ran out the room and skipped down the stairs.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I couldn't move any further.

"Luke don't act like this." Maeve appeared beside me and grabbed my arm.

I moved my lips to the side feeling her touch.

Treasure it while you can. Soon it'll be gone.

I wanted to move away from her but I also wanted to hold her at the same time. I put my hands on the back of my neck.

"What's this about Luke. There's something you're not telling me." She finally saw me.

"Luke tell me."

"Luke please."

"Luke come on."

"Luke!"

"You're gonna leave me!" I turned to her yelling the words.

She took a step back as her eyes shut. She opened them back up and I saw how glossy they had gotten.

"I'm sorry for yelling," I whispered dropping my hands.

"I'm not gonna leave you Luke."

"Yeah you will Maeve. You'll leave because I'm some crush and people get over crushes." She seemed like she was about to take a step forward but forced herself back.