13.

"So you can imagine my surprise when Michael told me you were at the club that night." Cal said as he held me tightly. He placed a small kiss on my head before pulling away. I smiled up at him, he's always been like a big brother to me.

"How the hell how you been loca." He asked while untangling his hair.

"I've been fine, I'm just living my super exciting life." I sarcastically answered. His eyes trailed after me as I walked to our table.

Two days after running into Luke them i got a text from Michael saying that he and the guys wanted to meet up. I'm here at a coffee shop with ash, cal and Michael. I wasn't sure if Luke was gonna show up.

I arrived a bit late, so when I showed up the guys were already here and seated. Cal got up first when I walked in.

A noticeable change on ashton was his longer hair but he wasn't sporting his signature bandana. He also came in for a hug, Michael gave me a fistbump when i sat down. Their friendliness immediately made me feel at home. Like no time had passed between us.

"You guys look good." I said to all of them. There wasn't an open seat left so I'm assuming Luke wasn't coming. Fine by me.

"I know it's only been like a year but it feels like you're a whole new person." Ash said, I turned away shyly. Truth be told i haven't changed at all.

"If you guys keep saying nice stuff I'm gonna get a big head." I brushed off the comments.

"Can't get bigger than cals." Michael chipped in. We all burst out laughing, everyone except Calum of course.

"That's really funny bro. Thanks." I tapped cals foot under the table. When he looked up in surprise I gave him a thumbs up.

The boys loved teasing each other. The jokes were never to harsh though. It was all fun and games.

"How long are you guys gonna be in New York?" I asked ash.

"We're actually leaving Friday." Ash said, looking down at his menu. Michael slid one over to me.

Cal took off his jacket and hung it over the chair. "And you Maeve?"

He always over pronunciated the 'Ma-' in my name. Sounded like he was trying to say may- ve.

"I'm gonna start working on new music so I'm not headed anywhere." I said noticing the poeple sitting across from us kept turning back to look at us.

"Do you guys know what you'll be having?" Michael asked, grasping the menu and reading it.

Ash turned the menu around and pointed to a burger. "Im gonna be having this big burger."

Michael didn't seem impressed, "Oh please. That's not big. Check the one I'm having." He pointed to the same picture ash had shown.

"Dude that's the exact same burger." Ash stated in confusion.

He held up his hand shushing ashton, "Yes but I'm getting two patties instead of one." He smugly leaned back into the chair.

Ash seemed to take this as a personal attack. He clicked his tongue. "Only two? When did you become such an old man. I'm having three." He Whipped up three fingers, he dropped two of them whilst keeping his middle one raised.

I felt the familiar buzzing from my phone inside my Jean pocket. I pulled it out and clicked the power button. The screen lit up revealing that an unknown number had sent me a text. I went into my messages and stared at the number for a few minutes before being certain that I didn't recognize it.

While Michael and ash increased the amount of patties they'd be having on their burger I read the text.

+061 8598714 How much you wanna bet one of them chokes on their own burger