24.

I slowly open my eyes, realizing where i woke up. The memories of last night came flooding back. A stupid grin plastered across my face and i laid there alone in bed. I wonder where luke went. He usually woke up after me. I got up, put on some underwear and took his shirt that laid on the floor from the night before. I could still smell his cologne. He had a very clean sent with just a hint of vinnila. I slowly walked down the wooden stairs to the kitchen where i heard some noise.

And there he was. He had his back turned to me facing the stove. I quietly walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his bare back, just made me realize how much taller he was than me.

"Good morning gorgeous." he chuckled, removing the pan from the stove top and walking towards two plates set up on the counter. As he passed me he left a quick peck on my forehead. "I really like that outfit" he jokingly added while looking me up and down.

We moved outside to the patio. Luke carried both our plates to the table outside and even pulled my chair out. Such a gentleman.

"What are your plans for today?" I asked taking a big bite.

"After dropping you off by the airport I'm gonna head over to the guys for a song writing session. I though i could then tell them about us if that's cool with you?" Luke said looking out at the view of the busy city.

"Would you tell them I'm your girlfriend?" I asked fiddling with the fork, moving my eggs around in habit as I thought about things.

He stopped his chewing for a moment. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"I really do." I smiled releasing a breath. I put the fork down and just stared at Luke.

Luke

Luke

Luke

I lo-

"I'm all yours Maeve." There was a calm silence between us. In his eyes i saw a million things. Calm waves and peaceful summer days.

***

The drive to the airport was filled with chatter about anything and everything. We talked about album cover ideas and even made up some lyrics together. He came up with the line, 'Michael wants another slice' and it was the most profound slash genius lyric ever.

We both even said how this day reminded us of when we first parted ways. Back at the askia avenue foundation those many years ago. He told me about the promise he made to himself, about seeing me again no matter what. It almost made me cry hearing him say those words.

"You wonder what ever happened to Burda?" I asked pulling my bag out of the trunk. We both had our hoods up with glasses, I found him red heart glasses. He looked fabulous.

"I have no clue. If we ever go back there let's ask around." Tucked under his arm we babbled on. Saying anything so that we could ignore my nearing departure.

"Call me everyday, text me every second and update me on everything that happens." I inhaled his vanilla smell again savoring it.

The boarding gate appeared in my vision. People were already walking in, the line was short so I'd be on the plane in just a few minutes.

"Call me the moment you get home." He said kissing my forehead.

_New York wasn't home anymore_

Breaking away from his touch was so hard. I kept giving up and moving back to him.

"What if I just pick you up and run back to the car. What then."He said with humor in his voice but I saw the tears form in his eyes.

"I'll see you soon, boyfriend." I giggled the words, calling him my boyfriend felt so right. Being with him felt so right.