[Pirate Ships 1] Nozel Silva

Part 1 of the Shipwrecked Miniseries, Pirate!/Royal! AU

Reader POV

"Another Atlas?" I looked down at my compass. "No way."

"These fuckin' royal barbarians are always chasing us to the edges of the world," Yami Sukehiro was grumbling when I made my way to the deck, jumping down from the crow's nest. "They call us the barbarians yet they're stealing from the poor and hurting innocents."

Asta nodded in agreement, gripping his sword tighter.

"And don't fuckin' forget they treat their own wrong," Magna spat.

Noelle nodded to him, adjusting her coat as it was cold in the northern waters. "It's disgusting!"

I eyed Noelle up, pity overtaking me.

Flashback (5 years ago)

Nozel waited for me outside the castle grounds, a disappointed glare in his eyes. "Lady (y/n). What took you so long?"

I glared at the royal. "I apologize, Lord Nozel."

He glared at me and was about to snipe back when I turned and looked down at the youngest Silva who was 10. "Noelle," I said in a softer voice.

"(y/n)," she whimpered.

"Take her away," Nozel spat. "I never want to see her again."

I looked up at him, taking Noelle's hand in my gloved one. "Are you certain about this, Lord Nozel? If you truly are adamant on casting out your younger sister, then you not only revoke our friendship but our engagement."

"I never liked you anyway, so just take her," He hissed. "I never wanted to marry you. You're too strong for your own good and you don't know when to just submit."

I glared at Nozel. "Very well. But I warn you, Nozel: if you tell anyone- especially my family- where I have gone, I will come back and slit your throat myself."

"Of course. Why would I let them know where their barbaric daughter went? To abandon her country?"

"You piss me off," I spat. "Come, Noelle."

Noelle looked scared and wouldn't move. "But (y/n)-"

"Child, do you want to spend the rest of your life in the hands of your siblings who do not care for you? For people who mock you because you haven't mastered your education and favor running around instead of talking about weather and fancy jewelery?"

"No..."

"Then let's go." I didn't look back and held her hand, my sword coming out in case anyone tried to stop us as we were royal in the Clover Kingdom.

Noelle from House Silva and me from House (l/n).

I was engaged to Nozel to ensure he would become king one day, to overthrow the current king who taxed his people heavily and spent the money on potions to make himself look younger and eat the most exotic of foods at the expense of his people.