[Not My Son] Langris Vaude/Finral Roulacase

Idk why, but it's so easy to write angst for the Vaude brothers

MODERN AU WITH NO MAGIC.

Reader POV

"So this is it?" I shook my head with disappointment at the sight before me.

"(y/n), it's-"

"Not what it looks like?" I finished, glaring at Langris. "Right."

Finral stopped in his tracks, almost dropping the food we just picked up on the way back to the apartment I shared with his younger brother. "What the f-"

"Let's go," I said. "I think he's busy."

"No! (y/n), please wait!"

I closed the door behind me, tossing my keys into the bowl.

Finral and I were quiet in the elevator.

He steered me back to his car. "We can pick up your car later. You shouldn't be driving right now."

I was quiet and he put the food in the back of his car, staring up the engine and driving to his home across town.

He stopped the car and put on the break, helping me out. "Come on, (n/n). We can manage eating all this food."

Finral brought in the food after making sure I was inside his home, away from the cold.

"So..." he began after we both washed our faces.

"Not a word, Finral." I closed my eyes and allowed him to plate the takeout. "I don't want to talk about whatever the hell that was back there."

The older nodded and we ate our meal in silence.

I was never one to cry over stupid things, but this?

This wasn't stupid.

However it also was.

I never understood why girls or boys cried over their significant other.

I always thought it was a waste of time.

They would question if it was them who was wrong, when it was really the other.

How pathetic.

I reopened my eyes again after closing them, seeing Finral looking at me with pity.

"You can stay here if you want," he said. "I don't think you should go back there."

"I don't want to go back there," I said with a tired expression. "It makes me wonder if he ever fucked her in our bed, considering they were about to do it in the goddamn living room. On my favorite couch."

Finral shook his head. "My brother may be stupid, but he's not that stupid."

I responded by giving him an unamused frown. "I don't know what to think anymore. But thank you, Fin."