Chapter 25

Not long after, Chen Huihui and Li Jingwen appeared at the door of the classroom arm in arm. They were both panting, their expressions displayed their lingering fear.

Seeing the group of boys who sat in the classroom made the two girls astounded.

Chen Huihui went to her seat and asked Xie Chian cautiously: “…Why are you here so early?”

Xie Chian did not answer the question: “You guys are pretty early too?”

The dormitory buildings for the boys and girls were far apart. Girls didn’t know what happened to the male dorm, and the boys also didn’t know what happened to the female dorm.

Chen Huihui bit her lip and restrained her teeth from trembling.

Xie Chian just looked at her.

Two minutes later, Chen Huihui was defeated: “Someone died in the female dorm!”

Xie Chian: “Ah, you too.”

Chen Huihui was speechless.

Xie Chian realized that his reaction was not quite right, so he changed his voice to a heavy tone: “Well, I see, you continue.”

Chen Huihui: “……”

“We don’t know what was going on. We just heard that a girl on the 6th floor hanged herself in a clothesline together with a bundle of bed sheets. The body was cold when it was found in the morning…”

Xie Chian thought that the quality of this clothesline was really good.

“That unit happened to be in the floor above ours… Wenwen and I were scared and ran out quickly.” Chen Huihui patted her chest, “I was scared to death.”

“You mean, only the two of you ran out? Everyone else was still in the dorm?” Xie Chian asked.

Chen Huihui was taken aback: “Yes.”

“Was there anything strange when you ran out?”

“Isn’t it strange that there was a dead person?”

“Except that.”

“…There shouldn’t be anything. Wenwen and I were terrified and ran without paying much attention to others.”

There shouldn’t have been a big chaos in the female dorm like that of the men. At least it didn’t happen during the time Chen Huihui and the others ran out.

Xie Chian thought deeply about it.

Girls were always calmer than boys in critical moments. Boys will kill impulsively, but girls can tolerate patiently. Of course, the reason was that the girls were less courageous.

However, this difference between the men and the women was not very big. In the face of extreme fear and pressure, sooner or later, the female dorm will become like the male dorm. Chen Huihui and Li Jingwen ran out in advance, so it was very likely that they missed a conflict and had escaped from the death’s door.

It wasn’t known what the dormitory building had become at present.

“What about you guys?” Chen Huihui asked Xie Chian after explaining the situation of the female dorm, “You boys are here so early today.”

“No one hated the thought of getting out of the bed now,” Xie Chian avoided the topic lightly.

Chen Huihui didn’t ask much and turned around. Probably because she was hungry all the way, she sneaked out the leftover bread that she ate yesterday and broke it up, chewing it in small mouthfuls.

She looked around before eating, for fear of being discovered.

Xie Chian saw it, but pretended not to.

There were supposed to be more and more people in the classroom, but some never came.

It wasn’t known if they went somewhere else or died.

Xie Chian reached out his hand and fumbled a few times in his schoolbag. He found two snickers and stuffed it into his pockets.

At seven o’clock, the sun rose and the light poured into the window. The transparent barrier isolated the outside world, but it cannot block the sun.

No one in the room felt warm.

A new day had begun, and the thing that it brought them wasn’t hope, but the feeling of hell.

No one could guarantee that after today, they will be alive.

Song Qingyun came in at quarter past seven. She didn’t seem to had slept well the night before. The dark circles under her eyes were full of exhaustion, making her beautiful face look very haggard.

If it was under normal circumstances, the students would definitely ask the teacher with concern. But today, their focus was on the fruit basket held by Song Qingyun – those eyes more eager than ever.

Xie Chian’s expression remained unchanged, but he said silently in his heart, this is bad.