Chapter 84

Although Xie Chian had already locked the door, this act was almost useless nowadays. Due to the desperate circumstances, most people had developed various skills. Aside from the violent door-breaking and door-kicking, the man who wanted to attack him had obviously mastered the skill of picking locks. He sneaked in silently, shielded by the sound of the broadcast. He saw a figure inside the classroom and wanted to take advantage of the situation by striking the first blow.

However, Xie Chian's five senses were sharp. He wasn't affected by the broadcast at all.

He took out his mobile phone and turned it on. The time displayed was 9:01, and it only had a little power left. In order to save the power, his phone had been turned off. He only turned it on to use as night light when it's necessary.

The faint light of the screen illuminated the face of the attacker. He was a crafty-looking boy. On his one hand, he was holding a hammer similar to Xie Chian's. This hammer was the kind that was placed next to the fire extinguisher window. They were all taken away as weapons after the game started.

If Xie Chian didn't respond on time, the boy's hammer would probably hit the back of his head and send him directly to see Yama.

It was a pity that he was hammered by Xie Chian instead.

Xie Chian's counterattack didn't kill the boy. There was still a weak breath left in him. But Xie Chian didn't want to spare his life, so he raised the hammer for the second time without any hesitation.

Afterwards, Xie Chian looked at the corpse, or rather, at the hammer on his hand. He meditated for two seconds.

He already had a hammer. It would be inconvenient to bring another one. Xie Chian thought for a while, then he stuffed the hammer inside the clothes of the corpse.

In this way, as long was no one was idle enough to search the corpses, they shouldn't be able to get this weapon.

After doing this, Xie Chian's phone ran out of battery and turned off automatically. His entire pale face was shrouded in darkness when the light dimmed in an instant.

Xie Chian sat down in Tong Yihui's seat again. He completely ignored the fallen corpse under his feet and didn't bother moving a step away.

He laid on the table and closed his eyes to rest.

A night passed by.

_

Ye Zeyu didn't sleep peacefully that night. She woke up before the broadcast started. As she watched the bright sky outside, her last bit of fatigue was immediately wiped away.

Of course, it was just mental fatigue. She forced herself to cheer up. Her body was already sending out danger signals due to exhaustion. It was not a good thing to feel weak before setting off.

The weakness due to hunger can no longer be recovered by sleep alone. The food that she ate a few days ago only guaranteed that she wouldn't be part of the starving-to-death army.

Ye Zeyu didn't have a watch so she can't tell the exact time now. The broadcast hadn't started yet, so it was before six o'clock. Depending on the sky's brightness, it should be five o'clock.

Ye Zehao hadn't woken up yet. Ye Zeyu couldn't bear wake him up, so she silently stepped forward and took his arm to lift him up.

But as soon as she touched him, Ye Zehao woke up. He didn't dare relax completely.

"Xiao Yu." Ye Zehao was still a little sleepy, "What time is it?"

"It's probably past five o'clock." Ye Zeyu didn't know that it was five minutes to ten, there was still plenty of time, "Let's set off now."

Before the six o'clock broadcast, there should be very few people outside. Ye Zeyu wanted to reach the South Campus before others arrive. She didn't know if other people were reaching their limits. But anyway, given her and her brother's current situation, they couldn't please anyone who met them.

Before going out, Ye Zeyu poured a large mouthful of mineral water extravagantly. The clear water ran across her throat and added a little more energy. It was better than nothing, and it prepared her for the next journey.

Ye Zeyu carried Ye Zehao on her back and unlocked the doorknob of the storage room.