Chapter 101

Xie Chian and Ye Zeyu found a classroom to stay. He simply checked his other wounds and found that they weren't serious, so he didn't bother about them anymore. Ye Zeyu chewed the bread almost religiously, her every bite was very solemn. However, her eating speed wasn't slow at all, it could even be called devouring.

People who were hungry to the extreme would always cherish food and be eager for it.

Halfway through the meal, she suddenly stopped and said, "Ge, here–" She stared at the air around her, and suddenly stopped.

Ye Zeyu's eyelashes trembled. Tears came trickling down again.

When he got food before, Ye Zehao would always divide her half. She also would share everything with him. Now, she wanted to give him half out of habit, but no one responded.

She gritted her teeth and didn't let herself cry.

As expected, it's still so uncomfortable...

Xie Chian saw her dazed appearance and realized that she was thinking of her dead brother.

He sighed softly in his heart.

Ye Zeyu's appearance always made him feel sentimental for no reason. It was like seeing his self in the past – a man hugged his knees and shrank in a corner. He was clenching his trembling teeth, helpless and hesitating.

He didn't understand where this similarity came from. Whenever he remembered it, he felt his heart ache badly.

Maybe it's because he also had an older brother.

Xie Chian remained silent. At this time, no words could comfort people. Plus, he wasn't good in comforting others.

Ye Zeyu seemed to be talking to herself, crying and laughing: "Why aren't you here anymore? We've never been separated before, so why is the difference... similar to separating Yin and Yang..."

She can't accept. She still couldn't accept the facts. Half a day wasn't enough for her to move one. She... the more she thought about it, the sadder she gets.

"I have been together with him since birth." Ye Zeyu seemed to recall a memory. At the same time, she was regarding Xie Chian as a confidant. "We went to kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and high school together. We tutor each other for homework in the evening. The whole family will go out on weekends. Sometimes, we are tired of seeing each other, but we have never thought that we would be apart one day. Maybe in the future, we will have our own families and we will no longer be close. However, it shouldn't be similar to what's happening now..."

Everyone had a long story of their own. Some would come to a successful conclusion, this was life. Some would stop abruptly in a certain paragraph, this was the temporariness of the world.

Every soul under Xie Chian's sword was just a cannon fodder without name in his story. However, in their own story, he would never be the protagonist. It's just that their story stopped on a certain page and ended before it started.

That was why Xie Chian would never take pleasure in killing people.

Death was a very sad thing.

"You can understand that feeling?" Ye Zeyu was at loss.

"Yes, I can."

Ye Zeyu was stunned.

Xie Chian wanted to blurt out a name for a moment. When he was about to say it out loud, his mind went blank quickly.

The name he wanted to say...who was it?

He lowered his eyes and put away his undulating thoughts: "I also have an older brother. So, I probably understand."

In his memory, he wasn't close to his older brother. It was perhaps because of his cold personality, and also because his older brother wasn't so warm. But once he was wronged, the seemingly indifferent young man would always solve everything for him secretly.

If something happened to his brother in order protect him... Xie Chian became silent.

He couldn't imagine something happening to his brother.

Xie Chenchu wasn't Ye Zehao. The young man, who looked beautiful and weak, actually had a terrifying vicious heart. His methods were resolute and ruthless. Of course, that was to his enemies. Anyways, Xie Chian had never seen anyone who could make his brother suffer.

Ye Zeyu was bitter and envious: "It's good... you still have an older brother."

Xie Chian didn't comment. He narrowed his eyes slightly.

The person he originally wanted to talk about...was definitely not his brother.