Chapter 93

Dean opened his mouth, prepared to reply, but got cut off immediately by Aaron's phone ringtone.

Aaron sighed out loud in a bit of irritation due to the unexpected interruption. His hands began to fish for his phone from his blazer's pocket while his gaze moved to focus on the brightly lit screen inside the car. "That Russian mafia is calling." He'd read out loud, intending for Dean to hear.

Dean stayed quiet in the back as he listened closely to what his brother was responding to the other end.

"I am talking," Aaron murmured. "Where are we meeting up?" He pinched the bridge of his nose a bit to relieve the stress before he continued speaking. "Alright. And, yes, I was a bit busy with some work... We'll be there in a few minutes..." Then he went silent for almost two minutes. Dean pondered if the other end had hung up until Aaron responded in a heavy voice. "Do you mind putting me on a speaker or something? I want everyone to hear what I have to say."

Dean furrowed his brows at the sudden change in Aaron's tone. Quickly, he pulled out his phone to check the update from their crime organization. He scrolled and tapped a few times until it brought him to one announcement screen.

Aaron began to talk again. This time his eyes shot up to the rearview mirror, staring at Dean. They both made eye contact the second that Dean looked up. "I want everyone to hear me out."

"What else do you both have to explain?" The voice suddenly became loud on the speaker.

Dean's brows drew together at the angry voice of another man.

"We had never betrayed any of you. What gives you the right to make the false accusation on my people?"

"Your words are not enough proof."

"One of my people had just reported to me about a case that Kevinskey tried to send over to national security. For your info, in that file, there're more than just the problems related to my group. If I remembered clearly, a majority of you are also relying on him for a better trade system. Now if everyone can calm down and wait until we arrive, I would be appreciated it."

"We will not speak further until you get your ass and your brother's here."

"Isn't that what I just said?"

Aaron pressed the red button immediately. He exhaled loudly as if another ton of weight had just been added to his shoulders. He stayed quiet while locking his gaze on Dean through the small rectangular mirror. The air inside the car grew tense quickly when the two brothers glared at each other without saying anything.

Dean blinked as he turned to stare at the old man outside the car again. His facial expression remained calm, making Aaron even more frustrated at the situation. Just when Aaron was about to start talking, Dean said, "I won't go unless you keep your word with me."

"What word?" Aaron asked lowly. "I don't recall me promising you anything."

"For the last time, I will only go with you if you can agree to this..."

Aaron closed his eyes and then inhaled deeply in exhaustion. "So... You're serious... is there nothing that I can at least do to change your mind from leaving?"

"There was one thing that you could've done. But, it is too late."

Aaron shrugged his shoulder and then opened his eyes to stare at the road ahead. "Are we back to that woman?"

Dean shook his head and then bit his lower lip briefly. "I want you to stop looking for me after tonight's meeting. And, that is the only thing I want you to promise me whether you are agreeing to me quitting this garbage life or not."