Chapter 59

"Dean! Wake up. Are you okay? Dean!" Giselle's voice broke the silence atmosphere in the room when she saw Dean who was sleeping next to her sobbed uncontrollably. His brows tied together tightly as he turned his face to the other side. Giselle grabbed his hand and called him again. "Dean! It's just a dream. Wake up!"

His eyes shot wide open while his mouth gasped for air and his forehead covered with cold sweat. Dean shifted his gaze to look at Giselle who was holding his hand. He furrowed his brows as he helped himself sit up. "What's wrong?" He asked in a worried voice before he scanned the room searching for danger. Turning his eyes back to her, he lifted his hands to grab her shoulders. "What happened? Are you okay? Did something happen?" She shook her head slightly and then pulled him into a hug. Dean felt lost in her arms before he pats her back gently without knowing that she was worried about him. "It's okay. I'm here." He whispered.

Giselle buried her face in his warm chest as she murmured. "I am okay, but you. Is everything alright? Sorry that I woke you up. You were crying."

"What?" Dean whispered with a puzzled look before he broke the hug and then wiped his wet cheeks. "I probably had a nightmare again." He mumbled with a frown on his face and then sighed out loud in relief. His eyes held her gaze as he flashed her a smile. "I am okay. Don't worry. I thought somebody is trying to hurt you."

She blushed immediately, hearing that he was concerned about her before she raised her hand to lightly smack him in the chest. "Nobody is hurting me. You're just overthinking."

He took her hands and then giggled briefly. "I'm not. Anything can happen around me. I am scared that I will wake up and you'll disappear from my sight forever." He gulped as he stared deep into her eyes without a blink. "Even if I am a bad guy to everyone, I promise to only be a good man to you. I don't want anything about me to scare you. I want you to trust me and believe me."

Giselle removed her hand from his grasp before she caressed his jawline softly. "Dean, it's okay. I am here... in front of you. Don't think too much. You don't need to worry that what your father forced you to do would affect my feeling towards you. I will stand my ground and be with you. I won't go anywhere, okay? I will not leave you like others. No more talking about it." She exhaled loudly as she opened her arms waiting for him. "Come here. Come closer."

Dean widened his eyes as he hesitated to do as she told. Although he was pleased to hear her reassuring words, he couldn't stop himself from worrying about her. Knowing that she just acted strong to make him happy, Dean couldn't help but doubt himself of what he could do to protect her from what was coming toward him.

Giselle raised one of her brows and then whined a little. "Dean..." She tilted her head to take a better look at him when he froze in one spot for a bit too long.

He blinked a few times when he heard his name being called. Without wasting any more time, he leaned to rest his chin on her shoulder while she stroke the back of his hair lightly. His arms lifted to wrap around her small frame body tightly as if he didn't want to let her go. Closing his eyes, Dean turned his head to kiss her ear softly.

Later on that day, Dean glanced at the clock across the meeting room while he sat in silence, listening to a representative from a tourist company talking. He tapped his fingers a few times on the table as he waited anxiously for the meeting to be over.

All of a sudden, the representative stopped talking before he turned to stare at Dean with a straight face. "Mr. Winchester, are you not going to say anything? We want to end our partnership with the Cobra group due to the past scandal. I don't think any of our customers would feel safe enough to want to stay in such a resort with a scandalous history. There were people who've gone missing under the Cobra, yet that news had never been brought up again after a few months. We understand that the Cobras is a powerful group, but we are not risking the lives... I mean the safety of our clients to what had happened. While you've disappeared for a month, we had no choice, but to find another trustworthy place for our clients to stay."