Chapter 42

What could he do to make her stay away? He tried his best to push her away, but she still refused to acknowledge his rudeness. He pondered while his eyes glued to her back, watching her placing down the tray onto the coffee table. Dean hopped off the bed and then approached her slowly.

Three more days... I will only be seeing you for three more days. I don't know how long until the next time we will see each other again.

He thought as he came to a pause behind her back. The same fragrance of her reminded him of the first day they met. It was strange to him that everything that happened back then foreshadowed this moment. If only he turned around on that day to look at her, he wondered if everything could have changed. If he didn't choose to run away from the hospital, would he have met her? If he didn't meet her that day, would he have noticed her, who showed up almost everywhere in his life? Would she still mattered to him now if all of those didn't happen?

His face displayed a confused expression as he studied her soft movement. Through every bad and good moment, at least they've made him and she became closer. Was that what you called life? It took bad and good memories to make you appreciate the beauty of the presence. It took sadness and despair to feel what people called happiness and love. If he didn't feel lonely, he wondered if he could actually feel her presence in his life.

She turned and looked up at him with a shocking expression. She didn't expect to find him stood so close to her when earlier he was still on the bed. She locked her gaze with his, which made her heartbeat raced unexpectedly. Giselle scanned every inch of his face as the voice of Luna called him a good looking man, replayed in her head. It was as if she was trying to find the evidence to prove, that what her friend said was not wrong.

His defined face features made it even harder for her to stay calm. She blinked a few times as she struggled to find words to greet him. "I... I've brought you your dinner. I will go get a new set of clothes and then..." She avoided his eyes to stare at the floor at the same time that she felt her cheeks started to get heat up. She continued, "And then, I will replace a new bandage for you to prevent infection."

Dean didn't reply besides waited for her to finish talking. He stayed quiet when she didn't look back up at his eyes. Why was she avoiding his eyes? Did he do something wrong? He wondered to himself. After a few seconds of silence, Giselle looked back up at him. Dean tilted his head a little to narrowed his eyes at her weird reaction. He knew that she went out to have lunch with that broken leg bastard. What happened between them that made her act like this? Dean started to feel curious as soon as he thought about it.

"Do whatever you want." He said softly and then walked around her. His shoulder brushed against hers on purpose. Even the slightest touch, it was enough to make him almost lose control. He wanted to pull her into a hug and tell her everything about him. There were so many things inside of his chest that he couldn't explain either understand. He wondered if he tells her about everything, would she be able to understand and cared enough to explain back to him.

Everything felt new and strange. His desire, worriedness, and his slightest happiness were they all real? It was ridiculous, that those were the things he wanted. Was it not satisfied for him to rape her? He already had her, but why was it felt so empty? What was a desire in his dictionary anyway? He felt like he wanted more. Was it her presence? Was it something else? Perhaps it was her soft voice. Maybe it was all that he wished for, at least for now.

The corner of his lips curved up into a smile while his back was facing her. He felt like he was losing to her persistence. He treated her badly, yet she still stayed calm and persisted to help him. What a hard-headed stupid girl? His small smile soon disappeared as he turned around to sit on the sofa, locking his sharp gaze with her.