Chapter 71

The dazzling orange sunlight lit up the dark navy blue sky and slowly peaked through the window to brighten up the dark ghostly silent room. In the empty quiet room, laid the sleeping beauty. Giselle shifted in the king-size mattress lazily. Her hand reached across the bed, expecting to find the same person whom she used to wake up to. It felt stranger than normal when she couldn't hear his breathing sound either feel his presence on the cold mattress.

Her brows drew together in confusion when she couldn't touch him as usual. She blinked a few times, hoping to clear her morning blurry vision. "Dean?" She murmured his name as she helped herself sit up while her head was still spinning. She couldn't recall what even happened last night after making love and drinking wine with the only man that she wished to spend her entire life with. "Dean?" She called again meanwhile her eyes glanced around the room.

Thinking that he could've woke up early and went outside, Giselle hurried to get off the bed and make her way towards the bathroom. She showered, brushed her teeth, putting on a new dress, and then did her face just like every common day in her life before she finally came out of the bedroom. The hall was quiet. The only sound that she could hear was the chirping sounds of the birds following by the low mumbling voices of a man and a woman outside of the house.

Her eyes were quick to find the window, only to see Mr. Aldo and his wife were talking with Dean's men. Their expressions and gestures made the situation outside the door filled with tension. She had no idea what they were discussing. All she could see was the wrinkling brows of the two elderly couple. A few seconds later she came to realize that Dean was nowhere to be seen among all of them. While she was making her way to the entrance, Mr. Aldo and his wife walked towards their car and then drove out quickly.

Giselle continued to swing the unlocked door widely open to notice the two men in black suits, which she never learned their names. Giselle was never curious because she thought that it would be best to try to keep some distance from other mafias. Getting to know Dean alone was enough, she thought. She didn't want to develop any deeper relationship and connection with their dark group.

"Where's Dean?" She questioned abruptly without bothering to greet them with a proper good morning.

The two men's eyes grew wider all of the sudden and then darted towards the owner of the voice. They blanked out for a few seconds, not sure of how to explain neither deal with the unexpected situation.

Giselle walked quickly towards their direction and then glanced around to see one car was missing. "Where did he go?" She continued.

"Ma'am, it's best if you don't know. Boss will be back in a few days." One man answered shortly.

Her gaze shifted suddenly back to the two men who stood straight with their heads held up high, expressionlessly just like any other day. The tone of his voice was clear enough to her that every word he said sounded true and honest. Still, she insisted on finding the answer to her question. "I want to talk to him. How come he'd never told me anything about him leaving?" Her brows furrowed again, giving off a concerned look.

"You know who we are, ma'am. I think he is afraid that it will make you feel uncomfortable. If you can just wait until he comes back, that will be great for all of us." One of the two men replied strictly.

Giselle was about to argue but hesitated instead. Her lost gaze dropped to the cold ground beneath her feet, searching for an answer once again. Had he just left her to do some illegal stuff again? She thought he would only come here to deliver illegal drugs. Even if a mafia boss was him, but did he have to follow what others wanted him to do? Everything seemed to be so secretive. She thought she knew a lot, but it seemed to her that there was more than what she already had known.