21

Isabelle's POV

The next morning I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Kissing Sansa, it had awoken something inside of me. I felt free. I felt happy. I felt like me again.

I hummed a little tune to myself as I got dressed, lost in my own little world, I didn't hear a knock on my door, nor did I hear it open, so I jumped slightly when I heard Margaery's voice.

"Someone is in a good mood."

"Maybe because my life is finally turning around. I didn't realise just how unhappy I was. Losing my Father, being away from Sansa for so long...Now, I have Sansa again and I have you again."

"Me?" She replied rather surprised. "Why me?"

"You, Brienne and Catelyn were the only Mother figures I had in my life. I never knew my Mother...But who needs one Mother when you have three?" I tried to hide my sadness with a smile but it was hard fighting the tears. "You didn't know my Mother, did you?"

"Briefly."

"Really?"

Margaery nodded her head and sat down on my bed, patting the space beside her. I sat next to her and she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "What would you like to know about her?"

"Everything.."

"She was young. Very young when she was pregnant with you. I only saw her for a short time, but in that short time we became friends. She confided in me. She was scared, worried what her parents might think...But she knew that this was no mistake. She loved your Father and the way she spoke of you, whether you were boy or girl, I knew she was going to love you unconditionally. She wanted you to have the best life. She wanted you to be happy..." I looked up at Margaery, watching as tears fell from her eyes. "She wanted you to find love, to have a family of your own, to be safe.." Margaery finally realised she was crying and she quickly wiped her eyes. "I do apologise."

"What's wrong?" I asked, this time I was the one wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"It's nothing."

"If you keep whatever makes you cry, to yourself, the more you'll cry and the more you'll hurt. If you share what it is, you'll find some relief and you'll be happy. That's what you always told me."

"I only told you that as a child because you were always guilty when you had done something you shouldn't have." Margaery laid her head on my shoulder and sniffled. "Talking about being pregnant and talking about having children is a little hard..."

"I'm sorry, you and Renly must have been trying for a baby.."

"No, no. It's not that...It's just...It's complicated. Let's move on from this. I came to bring you this." Margarey reached behind her and pulled out a small cuddly rabbit.

"Snowy." I said like a small child as I excitedly took the rabbit from her. "Wait, didn't I give you this rabbit to protect you?" I laughed.

Margaery nodded her head. "Now he shall protect you."

"Protect me from what?"

"Whatever danger you may face. Be safe, my little Princess." Margaery kissed the top of my head before standing up and walking out of my room.

I'll admit, that was slightly strange and slightly vague. It was like she knew there was danger coming, but if she did, surely she would tell me what instead of just hinting, or maybe she meant in general, I am a knight after all and I may get into danger protecting someone. I placed the rabbit against my pillows and continued to get dressed into my armor.