24

Isabelle's POV

I sat on the balcony that was outside of Margaery's room, both Olenna and Margaery sitting at the opposite side of the table, facing me. I could barely look them in the eyes, I was ashamed that I had walked into such a place...But part of me didn't care.

"What were you doing in there?" Margaery asked.

"I was about to fuck a whore?" I asked looking up, trying not to laugh.

"I expected better from you." Olenna spoke up. "I never thought that you would go to such a place."

"That's the problem with you and everyone else. You expect too much from me. You expect me to be kind, you expect me to be tough, you expect me to live up to these high expectations. I try to be honorable, I try to make everyone happy, I try to be kind, to do right morally but I can't. I can't be kind, I'm far from tough. I'm not what you want me to be. I'm a complete mess."

Margaery looked to her Grandmother, they shared the same look, they were both worried.

"What's the matter, Isabelle? I've never seen you in such a state. The blacksmith told me that you had been fighting, was it really a good idea to fight when you were already in such a bad state."

"I don't care." I said feeling a lump in my throat. "I just don't care anymore."

"Grandmother, can you give us a moment alone?"

"Alright." Olenna said as she slowly stood up. She walked to the side of the table that I was sat and she kissed the top of my head. "Whatever it is, that has you feeling this way, it'll be alright."

Once  she was gone, Margaery moved her chair so she was closer to me, she took my hands in hers and stroked the back of my hand, she moved her thumb in a circle motion, something she did when I was a child to calm me down.

"Talk to me."

"Before you were married to Renly, did you ever love someone you couldn't have?"

Margaery nodded her head slowly. "Yes."

"Was there ever a short moment where you thought that you'd be together, that everything would be fine, you held each other and it was the best feeling in the world, they made you feel safe and they made you feel happy? As daft as it was, you could see a future with them, but then one day, it was taken from you?"

Once again, she nodded and quickly wiped her cheek as tears rolled down. "Yes."

"That's what's wrong with me. I'm in love and I ruined it...But it's to keep her safe."

"Her?" Margaery asked raising an eyebrow. "So there is a lady."

I nodded my head. "She's the most beautiful woman. She's kind, she's funny, she's stronger than everyone thinks. I..I feel complete when I'm with her...Is that silly?"

"Not at all." Margaery replied. "I felt that way too."

"About Renly?"

Margaery hesitated for a moment then shook her head. "It was before I met him and was forced into marrying him. I was young, I loved to explore the towns, cities, villages. I would always help with taking care of children or even helping with some buildings. I would tell stories to the children, take care of the elderly...There was a man at the village close to home, he was the kindest soul. He was so handsome. He was the son of the blacksmith. He would always bring me a little treat before I left the village. We got closer, he told me his dreams, what he wanted to be. He didn't want to be a blacksmith like his father, he...Just wanted to explore the world. He wanted to go on adventures...Grandmother was the only one who understood my feelings for him. She encouraged it but warned me to stay safe...Mother and Father found out. They followed me to the woods where I was meeting him. I had important news, for him. I was having his baby. When I told him, he was so happy. He proposed to me, told me to run away with him...We'd go on adventures together and start a life somewhere, far from here...Mother and Father heard everything...They..." Margaery paused and looked away as her voice broke. "Mother wanted him in prison...But Father had other plans, he killed him. In front of me."

"I'm so sorry...What about the baby?"

Margaery looked at me, her eyes softening. She placed her hand on my cheek and gently used her thumb to rub it. "The baby is-"

"A thousand apologies." I looked behind Margaery to see Tyrion quickly walking towards us. "I must speak to you urgently, Isabelle."

"What's the matter?"

"Well, you see...Uh...Cersei and our father, have been in communications and...They believe that I should marry."

"And why does this involve me? Are they wanting you to marry me?" I laughed nervously.

"No...They're wanting Sansa and I, to marry."

My body froze, I was sure my breathing stopped. I just stared at him as my body became numb all over. I could see Margaery's lips moving but I couldn't hear what she was saying. My vision became blurry and then the tears fell.

"Isabelle." I finally heard Margaery say.

"It's her." I said, my voice breaking. "It's her I love."

"I'm so sorry." Tyrion replied. "You know if I had a choice I would never marry her."

I rubbed my pointer finger with my thumb, trying to calm myself down, but it was no use. I stood up quickly and stormed away, I just needed to be alone. All that I could ask myself, was why? Why was this happening? Why couldn't I be happy? Why did Cersei have to do this to me?

Just why was this all happening to me?

I stopped walking once I reached the outside, I rested my back against the wall, facing the stables. Maybe I should leave. No, I needed to protect Sansa, as much as it hurt me not being able to be with her.

My bottom lip trembled and I slid down the wall, finally breaking. I brought my knees to my chest as I sobbed uncontrollably. It was times like this, I wish I had my father here to hold me, or even my mother to wrap her arms around me, giving me a motherly hug, telling me everything was going to be okay.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay." A voice said as I felt arms wrap around me. I looked up to see that Margaery was beside me, not caring that she would be getting her dress dirty. She pulled me closer and I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of her holding me, it felt comforting, it made me feel safe.

"There's something I need to tell you." I said pulling away and wiping my eyes. "Not just about Sansa and I, but Cersei and Joffrey too."

"Alright." She said wiping my cheeks. "Take your time."

Here it goes, telling her about Cersei and I. Telling her about the abuse I suffered at the hands of the boy she was to marry...This should be interesting.