42

Isabelle's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, groaning in pain as I woke up fully. I sat up slowly and placed my hand on my side, feeling the familiar softness of a bandage. I carefully moved my legs so they were hanging over the edge of the bed and I just sat there, allowing my body to catch up to my brain and wake up.

I looked down at the wooden floor, only looking back up as the door opened.

"How are you feeling?" Margaery asked as she walked towards me with a bowl in her hands.

"Like I've just been stabbed." I moved up the bed slightly, allowing her to sit. "This really needs to stop. Getting stabbed, getting beat, getting bandaged up. At this rate, I'll end up completely covered in scars." I looked up and let out a laugh. "I think the Gods hate me.."

"Don't be silly. Here." Margaery began to unravel the bandage my stomach. "I need to clean your wound."

"Where's Sansa?"  I asked my mother as she carefully cleaned my medium sized wound.

"She's...Seeing to some unfinished business."

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't noticed where we are, have you?"

I raised an eyebrow and looked around the room. This wasn't the room I had been staying in at Castle Black. I was so confused...Until it hit me. I was in Sansa's room in Winterfell.

"How long have I been out?"

"Only a day. You weren't at risk of dying if we moved you. You had been stabbed rather deeply but not enough to cause any serious damage. Just enough so you would pass out from the amount of blood you lost."

I nodded my head in understanding. "So where is Sansa?"

"I'm right here." Sansa's voice said causing me to turn my attention to the door. I narrowed my eyes as I saw her wipe her hands with a small cloth that was tainted slightly with the colour red...Was that blood? If so...Whose was it?

She walked into the room and walked towards me, she placed a kiss on the top of my head before moving to the other side of the bed and sitting down behind me.

"Ramsay is dead." She eventually said. "I watched him die."

I won't lie, I was a little disappointed because I didn't get to beat him one last time, however I was happy that the bastard was dead, he could no longer hurt my wife, my family, or me.

"What's next?" I asked as Margaery wrapped a fresh bandage around me.

"We need to prepare for the White Walkers, they're coming." Sansa replied as she stood up. "I must speak to my father."

"Wait for me." I said standing up a little too quickly, I almost lost my balance but my mother steadied me. "I have an idea."

- - -

Sansa and I walked into a room that had now been turned into an army room, Jon, Ned and a few soldiers were stood around a table with a giant map of Westeros placed in the center.

"Ser Isabelle. It's good to see you up and about." Ned greeted as we walked closer.

"I may have someone who would be willing to help with the White Walkers...And possibly with King's Landing."

Ned turned and gave me his full attention, by the look on his face he was unsure whether to believe me or not. "Who are you talking about?"

"Daenerys Targaryen. She helped me with locating Sansa. She has hundreds of men, she has dragons. She's my friend, she would be willing to help, especially where the Iron Throne is concerned. She is the rightful heir, after all."

"Targaryen scum." Ned scoffed and shook his head. "Absolutely not. I do not care if she has millions of men or ten dragons, we are not to have her as an ally." He turned around and focused on the map, moving objects around, trying to come up with a plan.

"Judging from your reaction, you have history with the Targaryen's...But Ned, the time for enemies is over. We all need to come together to defeat these creatures....I hate to say it but maybe we try and get the Lannisters  on our side too."

"And betray them as soon as the battle is over, IF we survive? Are you forgetting who I am?"

"A man that said fuck honor and fuck being honorable. A man who was locked up for telling the truth yet it was disguised as a lie. A man who would do anything to protect his family, protect his people. I respect you, I really do...But I am not going to stand here and wait for those monsters to rip us apart because Ned Stark couldn't put his bitterness and rivalry aside just once, he couldn't find the guts to side with a House that fucked his family and then betray them for the good of the Seven Kingdoms. If anything, that's being honorable...So no, I didn't forget but you did. Get a grip Ned, we have no time for rivalries, we have no time for what happened in the past to affect us now, we need to survive."

The whole room went completely silent, Ned didn't even look at me.

"Fuck you Ned Stark. I'll be the one to help these people and give them a greater chance of survival because I am Ser Isabelle, Knight Of The People and my duty is to protect and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

I turned around and walked out of the room, my footsteps echoing through the quiet room. I know Sansa was still with her father and that was perfectly fine. I wasn't expecting her to follow. Another thing that I wasn't expecting was the sound of more footsteps following behind me. I turned around confused and saw some of the soldiers following me out of the castle.

"What's going on?" I said looking around at the men.

"We agree with what you said, we want to help. We will follow you into battle. We will follow you into any trouble you will face." One of the men in the front answered. "You're going to see Daenerys Targaryen, aren't you?"

I nodded my head slowly. "But first, I must pay a visit to Cersei...From King's Landing we will travel to Meereen, there I will speak to Daenerys. Prepare yourself. we leave tonight. The sooner, the better."

The men nodded and scattered, leaving only Sansa.

"Why are you seeing her?" She asked walking towards me. "Do you still want her?"

"No." I shook my head quickly and grabbed her hands. "But I must speak to her, maybe if we talk then she will agree to help. Anyone else and I'm sure she will say no."

"What if.."

"I know what you're going to say and I swear, it won't happen. I won't allow it. I love you."

"And I love you." Sansa replied wrapping her arms around me. "I will come with you."

"Very well. I'm honestly glad you said that...But please, stay on the boat until we reach Meereen."

"Alright."

Sansa and I remained hugging each other. I felt happy and safe being in her arms. As we hugged, Ned walked out of the castle and our eyes met. He nodded his head at me and I nodded my head at him, with a smile on my face. I knew now that he was alright with what I was doing...That made me feel a little better.

I was however, nervous to be heading back to King's Landing...To see Cersei again...But it had to be done. I had to do everything I possibly could to protect my family.