47

Isabelle's POV (Third person wasn't working for me, apologies for switching so soon)

It only took a few days for everything to go to shit. The White Walkers had destroyed the wall, they had killed some of our men in the process, we didn't know how long we had left until they reached us here at Winterfell so we were working extra hard to maintain defenses , everyone needed to know their positions.

I sat on the bench that I used to sit on as a child whilst I waited for my Father's return, watching as everyone was doing their jobs. I felt like I would be useless, my sword was lost in the water when I tried to save Missandei.

I felt eyes on me, turning my head I saw Greyworm staring at me, anger burned in his eyes. I stood up and walked towards him, I went to hug him but he pushed me away.

"Greyworm.." I said rather hurt.

"I trusted you. Missandei trusted you. You said she would be safe. Now, she is gone. It is all your fault."

"I'm sorry, I tried to save her but I-"

"No. There is not buts, she is gone. Dead. You tried to save her and you failed." His eyes began to water and it was the first time I had ever seen him cry. "I loved her. I have never loved anyone like I loved her, now, she is gone."

"I'm sorry."

"She was my happiness, she was my strength.Now  I am weak." His voice broke and I quickly wrapped my arms around him, this time he didn't push away, he held on to me tightly, his body began to shake with his heart broken sobs.

"I know you're hurt, I know you're angry...But you need to turn that into strength. Everything that you feel, turn it into strength to defeat these monsters that want to kill us."

"For first time in my life, I do not have any strength, it hurts, like someone is stabbing me over and over, right here." He pulled away and pointed to his heart.

"I understand. I really do."

"Seven hells." One of the guards shouted catching my attention.

Greyworm and I walked over towards the gate, watching as it slowly opened to reveal someone I didn't expect to see.

"What the fuck do you want, Jaime?" I was angry at first but then my face softened and I turned around to look at Greyworm.

"Missandei.."

Greyworm rushed over to Missandei and helped her down from Jaime's horse. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight.

"She was found by the harbor at King's Landing, it's a miracle she's alive. In fact, she was barely alive when she was found. The first thing she said was Winterfell, I was going to come here anyway, so I brought her with me...I fear what Cersei may have done if she had gotten her hands on her."

"Why are you here, other than Missandei?"

"I wanted to help, protect those I care about." I watched as Jaime's eyes were focused on someone as he spoke, I turned around and saw he was looking at Brienne, who had a look on her face that I had never seen before...For some reason, she was clearly in love with this man...Maybe this is why he left Cersei...

"I will never forgive you for the things you have done to my family." Ned said as he appeared frm behind me. "However, I appreciate the help. We all do, the more people we have, the better."

"I am not the man that you first met, I can say with full certainty that I am a changed man...Sometimes you just need someone to show you the way, I will never forgive myself for what I did to your son and I will gladly accept any punishment, even if it's death."